Discover the 2017 Yule Sabbat Box • Midwinter Musings
• 2017 YULE SABBAT BOX • MIDWINTER MUSINGS • BOX BREAKDOWN •
Hail and Welcome, Sabbat Box Members and Friends!
As the wheel of the year turns to its darkest point--the winter solstice--our Pagan ancestors would anticipate a moment of light in the midst of that darkness, which came in the observance and celebration of Yule. Like them, we can take this time to reflect on the cyclical nature of life and death, beginning and end.
This Yule’s Sabbat Box is filled with items that celebrate that time to pause and reflect, as well as things that can provide a little light in the midst of dark winter. We have included items that can be utilized while we examine the past and look towards the future. Our midwinter musings can help foster a time to focus our power and intent toward what we want out of life and which path to take next.
- As some of you may know, we are currently at our maximum membership capacity at Sabbat Box. We have implemented a waiting list for those interested in joining when membership positions become available. You can join the waiting list here.
- Do you or someone you know make a product that would appeal to the Pagan community? Are you looking to launch a product or get your product in front of a large audience? If so, lets talk! Sabbat Box is always looking for new vendors and suppliers that create unique items to feature inside an upcoming Sabbat Box. Sabbat Box is a great way for people to find out about you, your product or your company. Whether you are looking to advertise inside the box or wish to feature a product within a box, we would love to hear from you. Register to become a Sabbat Box Supplier/Advertiser today.
• BOX SYNOPSIS •
All of the items that we curated for you inside this box correspond with -or- may help assist you with the following forms of magick:
- Yuletide gift giving
- Prosperity magick
- Manifesting prosperity and positive energy
- Adding a hint of magick to your Yule tree
From the particularly harsh time of the year (winter), sprung lore and archetypal stories explaining the season, such as that of the Holly King and the Oak King. The death and rebirth of the “Lord” and the diminishment as Oak King and his temporary reign as Holly King until spring perfectly represents the cycles and transitions of the season from dark to light. This is one of many stories to symbolize that of which dies during this time of year and that which does not.
Outside activity is often limited for many of us at this time of the year and it can sometimes be difficult to connect with our environment as the cold and snow limit our natural actions. But this limitation also can be a positive: while we hunker down in our warm homes and huddle near the hearth, we have time to reflect on what is to come, as well as what we want to achieve and accomplish for the year ahead. Even our secular calendars show the turn of time, and we ruminate on New Year’s resolutions and the successes and failures we’ve experienced over the last twelve months.
We hope you can find comfort in this year’s offerings and take advantage of the time spent keeping warm. We hope you have a warm and joyful winter with your loved ones, but we also hope you may have the time to look inward and connect with your inner will and power, for it is the key to bringing forth the positive and prosperous changes we all desire in the new year.
• PENTACLE LEATHER BLANK BOOK - JOURNAL - BOOK OF SHADOWS •
ITEM 1: BLANK JOURNAL.........$29.95
• WHAT: Hand Tooled Coptic Bound Leather Pentacle Blank Book
• WHO MAKES IT?: Curated via Eclectic Artisans
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Available at the Sabbat Box Store
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: This handsome leather-bound blank journal makes the perfect place to collect your thoughts through journalling or compiling spells and blessings as a book of shadows.
For this year’s Yule Sabbat Box we wanted to offer a very special gift inside the box that could be used long after the sabbat has passed to help further inspire and to assist our members (both magickally and mundanely) for years to come, so we chose to include these amazing leather books. Each hand tooled book comes coptic bound (meaning they will lay flat when writing or reading in it), making it great to use as a personal journal or as a magickal grimoire. Each book comes with 240 blank pages of handmade linen paper and a durable metal latch.
If you are looking for different styles of blank books, check out this link here. We currently have the following symbols available, triquetra, tree of life and pentacle. Discover more books of shadows and journals at Eclectic Artisans as well.
• POSITIVITY SMUDGE AND AURA SPRAY BY FREQUENCY •
ITEM 3: SMUDGE + AURA SPRAY..........$8.95
• WHAT: Hand Blended, Essential Oil + Crystal Infused Positivity Spray
• WHO MAKES IT?: Frequency Spray
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Available at Frequency or the Sabbat Box Store
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: Create an atmosphere of contentment and joy in your home or sacred space with this unique blend of oils and crystals in a convenient spray form.
EXCLUSIVE VENDOR COUPON CODE: "SABBAT"
Use the code above at Frequency and receive 15% OFF your next ORDER!
Often times during the holidays it can be easy to become overwhelmed and stressed. As we are cooped up inside over extended periods of time during the winter, stagnant and negative energies tend to accumulate, affecting our wellbeing. To help combat those winter blues, we included a bottle of this uplifting Positivity spray by Frequency in our Yule Sabbat Boxes. Each spray contains pure essential oils corresponding to positivity, peace, tranquility, and protection, and when sprayed, you will feel the vibration around you change.
- Distilled water
- Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Lemon essential oil
- Orange essential oil
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Clove bud essential oil
- Citric acid (a natural occuring ingredient used for preservation)
- Golden jade crystals
ABOUT THE VENDOR:
Located in Largo, Florida, Frequency was started in 2017 by Heather. Frequency specializes in creating versatile, high quality, essential oil and crystal infused aromatherapy sprays (and other products) that can be used personally on the body or within the environment to aid in your spiritual journeys as well as the journey to calm the mind and focus. Frequency's magical, mystical line of proprietary products will quickly become a favorite for both spiritual and mundane use.
Their proprietary line of aromatherapy products consist of crystal smudge sprays, crystal infused soaps, essential oils, candles, crystal incense, perfume oils and more!
Learn more about this vendor in the featured vendors section below...
• SPIRAL GODDESS YULE ORNAMENTS •
ITEM 2: YULE TREE ORNAMENT.........$7.95
• WHAT: Handmade Spiral Goddess Yule Tree Ornament
• WHO MAKES IT?: Michelle's Sewing and Embroidery
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Available through Michelle's Sewing and Embroidery FB Page or the Sabbat Box Store
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: This precious soft ornament is the perfect addition to a Yule tree or wreath, and can be displayed all year on an altar or in a sacred space as a tribute to the divine feminine.
The Spiral Goddess is a much beloved and cherished symbol within the craft because of all that she represents. She is the bearer of life, the essence of nature, the moon, the Earth, the great mother, the divine feminine...she is. This unique, custom made Yule Tree ornament by Michelle’s Sewing and Embroidery will add a magickal addition to your Yule Tree decor while honoring and bearing reverence to the very essence of the divine feminine. These ornaments come in 15 color combinations. Which one will you get?
ABOUT THE VENDOR:
Michelle, the founder of Michelle’s Sewing and Embroidery has had a life long passion for sewing. Located in Kentucky, she enjoys putting her skills to work by taking on custom orders and special projects through her business.
Learn more about this vendor in the featured vendors section below...
• SOLSITCE SIMMER POT HERBS •
ITEM 4: SIMMER POT HERB BLEND..........$14.00
• WHAT: Tidings of Good Karma and Joy” Solstice Simmer Pot Herb
• WHO MAKES IT?: House of Good Juju
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: House of Good Juju of The Sabbat Box Store
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: This blend of herbs and spices will bring a tantalizing scent to your home or sacred space, all chosen to highlight the magick of the season.!
These Tidings of Good Karma and Joy simmer pots by House of Good Juju contain a special blend of 14 divinely aromatic herbs and stones that were specifically chosen to help empower you magickally with their corresponding spiritual properties during your winter solstice rites, while also filing your home and sacred space with an enchanted aroma.
Each tin comes with a detailed information card explaining all of the specific herbal correspondences for each component, as well as instructions on how to use it.
HOW TO USE: Place contents of tin with 2 cups of water in small pan. Simmer on low. Let the cheerful Holiday aroma and good energy emit through your home. Don’t leave unattended. When all liquid has evaporated, turn off and discard herbs. Keep your stones as talismans!
Cedar, Red Pepper Corn, Orange, Cinnamon, Clove, Star Anise, Rosemary, Allspice, Pine, Cone, Cardamom, Lavender, Sage, Juniper, Bay.
ABOUT THE VENDOR:
House of Good Juju, located in Utah, was founded by Kimmie back in 2014. House of Good Juju is a purveyor of Good JuJu and Positive Inspirations. Kimmi is an intuitive, moon oracle, dreamer, mystic healer, and herb/root worker. She hopes to bring illumination and good intent into your world through her products..
• BAYBERRY SPELL CANDLE •
ITEM 5: BAYBERRY CANDLE.........$4.50
• WHAT: Custom Made Bayberry Wax Votive Spell Candle
• WHO MAKES IT?: Created by Buy-A-Candle for Sabbat Box
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Available the Sabbat Box Store
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: This lovely candle is a throwback to an old Yuletide tradtion of prosperity and fortune in the form of bayberry candles.
There is an old tradition surrounding bayberries and the winter season that stems back to the first American settlers. When they first arrived here, everything revolved around survival. During winter, the most important goods were in short supply (including candles). At this point in time, candles were made of tallow (animal fat), which had a terrible smell, didn’t burn well, and could become rancid. in order to have enough food to make it through the winter, most livestock would have been slaughtered for their meat, which also caused tallow shortages. Not long after arriving, colonists discovered that the abundant bayberries they found could be boiled down to a cleaner, better smelling wax, which they made candles from. It takes fifteen pounds of berries to make one pound of wax, which is very labor intensive, making the wax costly. It was a sign of good luck and prosperity if one could afford such a luxury that it became tradition to burn them to bring about such luck. The old saying goes...
“For a bayberry candle burned to the socket, brings joy to the heart and gold to the pocket."
• 2018 CYCLES OF THE YEAR MOON CALENDAR •
ITEM 6: MOON CALENDAR...............$1.25
• WHAT: Cycles of the Year 2018 Moon Calendar
• WHO MAKES IT?: Deva Designs
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Available at the Sabbat Box Store
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: This handy pocket guide will let you know all of the important dates surrounding the moon for 2018. It features dates for the full moons of the year as well as the equinoxes and solstices, so you can quickly plan your next ritual or magickal working around lunar events.
The Cycles of the Year 2018 pocket reference guide gives a unique take on the traditional moon calendar. This innovative design takes its primary visual focus from the natural cycle of the moon rather than the usual man-made conventions such as calendar months. This moon calendar is read from the center outwards, in an expanding spiral.
This moon calendar allows you to quickly reference when the moon will be full, waxing, waning or new and it includes each solstice and equinox dates for all of 2018.
This moon card folds in the middle to a standard business card size, making it perfect to keep in your wallet, purse or upon your altar.
• THE HORNED LORD PARCHMENT •
ITEM 7: PARCHMENT...............$1.95
• WHAT: Horned Lord Book of Shadows Parchment
• WHO MAKES IT?: Azure Green
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Available at the Sabbat Box Store or Azure Green
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: This handsome parchment features a prayer to the Horned One, suitable for framing or saving in a book of shadows.
This lovely Horned Lord parchment by Azure Green celebrates the Horned Lord with a prayer written by Travis Bowman beneath an intricate design of two horns springing from a pentagram, as illustrated by Eliot Alexander. In modern Neopaganism and within Wicca, the divine masculine (also known as the horned god, Cernunnos, Jack of the Green, the Greenman, or just simply “The God”) is born from the Goddes each year during the Winter Solstice. Symbolically, he is “the sun” and a personification of the light that bears life. Recite this prayer when working with the divine masculine or during your Yule rites when honoring the sun and its return.
• PACKING & SHIPPING •
PACKING & SHIPPING: Part of the costs of your box include the box and the packing material itself. The items listed below account for a good portion of the overall costs for the Yule Sabbat Boxes. Each Yule Sabbat Box is lined with paper padding and wrapping to add to the surprise of what we’ve curated for you. Shipping is also included in the total price for Sabbat Boxes. The cost to ship boxes is roughly $9.00. Also, we here at Sabbat Box wish to be as environmentally friendly that we can be and do our best to source packing supplies and material from companies that have the same beliefs we do, in that we want to make as little of an impact as possible on the environment, while also keeping the content of your boxes safe as they make their journey to you.
BOXES: Your boxes where made from high quality corrugated paper and are 100% recyclable. Try to find another use for your box. They are 9x9x3 on the inside. You could decorate your box to hold some magical supplies or use it again to ship something to someone or save it for another time when you may need it. If you have to get rid of it, please try to recycle it.
BROCHURES: Your brochures are printed on recyclable 16pt paper, which is sourced from sustainable forests.
TISSUE PAPER & FILLING: The green tissue paper is made from 100% recycled paper and is recyclable. The red colored filler inside each box is made from scraps of recycled colored crinkle paper and is biodegradable. The filler comes from an eco friendly, company.
STICKERS: The stickers found within your boxes where printed on vinyl with a gloss laminate.
• SABBAT BOX SAVINGS & COUPONS •
Part of our goal is to provide a number of items to our members at a value far above what individuals can purchase on their own. When you add up all of the items inside your Yule Sabbat Box, as well as costs for shipping and packaging, you are saving over $31.00. We believe this to be another good reason to be a member. Also, each box we create helps to support Pagan run businesses and their employees. Sabbat Box looks forward to continuing to stay within our mission to work with other Pagan businesses to supply products for each box.
YULE SABBAT BOX PRICE BREAKDOWN
• Total MSRP of items inside: $68.55
• Total Savings on this box: $22.60
• Total Shipping Savings: $9.00
• Grand Total In Savings: $31.60
Our members helped to support 6 small/Pagan run businesses with their Sabbat Box membership! We work with other Pagans and Pagan owned businesses within the community to purchase, curate and supply the items featured within our boxes. In the end, we want to help the community grow and share our business with companies that share our same values and standards.
• SABBAT BOX FEATURED VENDOR - FREQUENCY •
ABOUT THEM AND WHAT THEY SELL: Frequency (www.frequencyspray.com) is an online store that specializes in creating handcrafted, crystal infused aromatherapy products such as smudge sprays, crystal infused soaps, candles, incense, essential oils, and more!
Located in Largo, Florida, Frequency LLC began with a search from Heather, its founder.
"I was looking for a full sensory aromatherapy experience. Not just an essential oil, but something more. A spray that I could use as a body spray, room spray, or an environment spray to assist with meditation. Something with crystal energy, sight, and sound. Something to aid in the journey to calm my mind, ground myself, and focus. Something magical, mystical, and full of joy and wonder… I found a few options that were close… but close wasn’t going to cut it. So I created it myself. And it was wonderful!"
After much research, a plethora of recipe trials and errors, a lot of learning, and a whole lot of positive energy and love, Heather created the first collection. "Grounding. Peace. Clarity. Positivity."
Combined with a desire to help others calm their minds and achieve their goals, Frequency LLC was born. Life is too short to not enjoy every single moment.
- WEBSITE/SHOP: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FrequencySpray
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/frequencyspray/
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/frequencyspray/
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/frequencyspray/
~ SABBAT BOX EXCLUSIVE COUPON: "SABBAT"
Use during checkout at Frequency to receive 15% off your purchase.
Happy Black Friday! Is that a thing? Lol. Just a reminder that all individual items in the Frequency shop are 15% off! Essential oils, candles, roll on aromatherapy perfume oils, sprays, incense, the whole 9 yards. The new aromatherapy gift sets are already discounted more than 15% and they make wonderful gifts for the holiday ✨🔮✨ . . #aromatherapy #frequency #vibrations #changethefrequency #essentialoil #essentialoils #perfumeoil #gift #giftidea #blackfriday #shopsmall #shopetsy #essentialoilblend #vibratehigher #goddess #spiritual #holiday #smallbusinesssaturday #highestpath #witchesofinstagram #witch #ritual #shopetsy #crystalincense #crystalinfused #sacredspace #perfume
• SABBAT BOX FEATURED VENDOR - MICHELLE'S SEWING AND EMBROIDERY •
COMPANY: MICHELLE'S SEWING AND EMBROIDERY
ABOUT THEM AND WHAT THEY SELL: Located in Kentucky, Michelle's Sewing and Embroidery was started by Michelle back in June of 2011, thanks to her life long passion for sewing. When Michelle isn't working as a sewing instructor/educator, she enjoys putting her skills to work by taking on custom order and special projects through her business.
Michelle Roach or Mickie as family and close friends know her, creates beautiful handmade embroidered pieces as well as one of a kind items like "fairy frocks" to "goddess ornaments" in her Western Kentucky home that she shares with her husband of 28 years (along with her two sons and her 6 grandchildren close by). This creative passion is a talent that Mickie learned from her mother at a very young age and loves sharing this passion through her work.
If you are looking for custom embroidery Items, company logos, crochet items, primitive curtains, trinket/jewelry bags or more, message her on Facebook and she will let you know what she can do for you!
- WEBSITE: https://michellessewingshack.com
- INSTAGRAM: N/A
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Michelles-Sewing-Embroidery-223929634302362/
- TWITTER: N/A
• SABBAT BOX FEATURED VENDOR - HOUSE OF GOOD JUJU •
COMPANY: HOUSE OF GOOD JUJU
ABOUT THEM AND WHAT THEY SELL: Kimmie, the owner and creatress of House of Good Juju is a purveyor of Good JuJu and Positive Inspirations. Kimmi is an intuitive, moon oracle, dreamer, mystic healer, and herb/root worker. She hopes to bring illumination and good intent into your world through her products.
Located in Utah, House of Good Juju offers positive mystiques for you and your home! Offering everything to cleanse, bless, protect, and bring abundance to your space! Custom orders are both encouraged and welcomed.
All items are crafted with Positive Intent. Always conjured with white light and crafted when the moon is right! Shop talismans, JuJu bags, crystal candles, aura mists, home blessing and protection kits, abundance bags, and offerings to inspire positive change.
This shop thrives upon good juju and a "harm no one" attitude. All items are made with inspiration from the Gods, Goddesses, Spirit Guides, and Ancestors with gratitude. Items are crafted in the appropriate moon cycle and day of the week depending on intent. Special attention to all the details required to make each item Spiritually potent and Energetically charged. Everything is infused with Magick, Blessings, Love, Light, and Good JuJu!
- WEBSITE: https://www.houseofgoodjuju.com
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/HouseofGoodJuJu
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/houseofgoodjuju/
SABBAT BOX EXCLUSIVE 20% OFF COUPON CODE: Sabbat20
Use the coupon code above to save 20% off your next purchase at House of Good Juju
• TIME •
We take pride in assembling each and every Sabbat Box by hand, no matter the amount of time it takes. We don't just throw your items inside a flat rate priority mail box like some other subscription box companies out there. We want your Sabbat Box to be delivered to you as beautifully as it left us, and it takes a tremendous amount of time to complete this task.
This includes folding the boxes together, individually cutting each sheet of tissue paper by hand, weighing out the crinkle paper for each box, designing the flyers, coupons, stickers and brochures to be printed professionally by commercial printers, individually placing each item within their corresponding bags, individually assembling the boxes, individually packing the tissue paper within each box by hand and also putting together and creating product packing. This timeframe doesn't even include the efforts made to manage the Sabbat Box website, the back end billing system, social media management, customer service inquiries, accounting, marketing, purchasing, networking, and so on. This is a labor of love and we enjoy serving the community!
We believe in what it is we are doing and we sincerely hope that each and every one of you can see that the purest of intent and utmost care goes into curating each Sabbat Box.
• OFFICIAL 2017 YULE SABBAT BOX UNBOXING VIDEO •
Don't forget to share your unboxing videos with us for Yule here
• OTHER RESOURCES RELATING TO YOUR BOX •
YULE INFORMATION, LORE AND MORE!
- Pagan's Path - Celebrating Yule: Article
- The Pagan History of Christmas: Article
- The Magical History of Yule: Article
- A collection of Yule Rituals via Witchy Words: Articles
- Did you know Santa Claus was a viking?: Video
We would like to thank each and every one of our suppliers, vendors, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, our members, for making Sabbat Box possible. This wouldn't even be happening if it wasn't for our members. We hope to continue to serve the Pagan community at large and continue to provide you inspiration to celebrate The Wheel of the Year! Have a Blessed Winter Solstice!
Llyfr & Hugh
Founders of Sabbat Box
- Aeden B