Manifesting Midsummer Magick - Litha Sabbat Box Breakdown 1
LITHA-MIDSUMMER BOX • BOX SYNOPSIS
The time has come again. The wheel is starting to turning once more. As we inch closer and closer to the Summer Solstice, we are betrothed with the vigorous, masculine power of the sun. Here at Sabbat Box, we have put together some wonderful products that are sure to help inspire your spiritual practice and to help assist you with celebrating Litha/Midsummer, in your own special way. We want to thank each and every one of you who help make Sabbat Box a possibility. We work very hard, specially curating and putting together a non-denominational box of witchcraft supplies that consist of unique, yet practical, high quality items that will help to invoke your spirit and help you to continue to lead a magickal life. Our goal is to continue to act a spiritual resource for our members. We simply wish to provide the tools that one may desire to practice your craft. We have had overwhelming positive response and feedback in reference to Sabbat Box from our members, as well as the Pagan community, and for this, we thank you! We had no idea that when we started this endeavor, how many people where seeking such a service. It is a wonderful feeling that we are able to bring magickal inspiration to each and every one of our members. This, in and of itself, is humbling, and motivates us to continue doing what it is we do! We truly look forward to further traveling the wheel of the year together with you, bringing forth magickal inspiration and insight to our members, one sabbat at a time! Sabbat Blessings ~
MIDSUMMER - RITUALS RECIPES & LORE FOR LITHA
Book: Midsummer-Rituals, Recipes and Lore for Litha
• WHAT: Midsummer: Rituals Recipes & Lore For Litha, Llewellyn's Sabbat Essentials
• WHO MAKES IT?: Llewellyn Worldwide & Authored By Deborah Blake
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: You can purchase copies via the Sabbat Box Store or via llewellyn.com
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: Llewellyn has been a trusted source for books on Paganism, Magick and New Age topics since 1901. This particular book features spells, recipes, lore, invocations, correspondences, crafts and rituals that will help to inspire you to celebrate Midsummer in your own unique way.
This good-sized book on Midsummer is a brand-new publication (first edition), gathering some more detail on Litha with practices and traditions observed both past and present. We included this not to mainstream or homogenize Pagan practices, but merely to offer some inspiration and expose our members to some of the history and mythos surrounding humans’ celebrations for the Summer Solstice and understand the basis for many traditions around the world, both Pagan and non-Pagan. The book’s author, Deborah Blake, has written numerous books on Paganism. Some of her popular titles include "The Goddess is in the Details," and "Everyday Witchcraft." We believe that every Pagan can gain something from this collection of Midsummer practices, or at least plant some seeds for your own ideas! You will find an array of fantastic information pertaining to Litha, including plenty of rituals, spells and inspiration for your Midsummer celebrations.
An excerpt from "Invocation to Gaia", page 144 from this book.
"O Gaia, mother to us all, I invoke you!
You who gave birth to the world,
Have also given birth to me,
And I send you gratitude and love,
Unending devotion and the promise to guard over all your gifts."
There are plenty of recipes, spells, and invocations within this book that will surely continue to aid you upon your Litha celebrations for times to come.
Would you like to discuss this book with other Sabbat Box members? Are you looking for more inspiration for Litha? Stop on by the Sabbat Box community page to create topics to engage with other Pagans and Sabbat Box members in reference to Midsummer and Sabbat Box.
SOLAR GATE - TRADITIONAL RITES LOOSE INCENSE KIT
Traditional Rites - "Solar Gate" Loose Herbal Incense Kit w/Charcoal
• WHAT: Hand Blended Loose Herbal Incense
• WHO MAKES IT?: Sun's Eye
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: You can purchase these via the Sabbat Box Store or via Sun's Eye.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: Sun's Eye is a Pagan owned and operated business that has been serving the Pagan community for over 20 Years! New to their product line, the Traditional Rites loose incense is hand blended with an array of fine herbs and resins to assist you with raising vibrational energy and cleansing your sacred space. The "Solar Gate" incense contains a shamanic inspired formulary with herbs corresponding to the robust solar energies of Midsummer. The herbs provided within are harvested from replenishing sources in Africa, India, Asia, The Peruvian Regions of South America, Central America as well as the United States. We chose this particular herbal incense to include in the Litha Box for its versatile use and quality.
Regardless of which specific pantheon of Pagan practice or belief you may follow, a common core of all ritual and magickal work consists of creating sacred space. Whether you are Wiccan and wish to cleanse your space to call quarters or a traditional witch that wishes to banish and purify your space to tread the circle 'round, or if you are looking to heighten your senses and increase your focus on a specific intent, loose herbal incense is great at helping you do so. Some people prefer loose incense because it gives them the control over the potency of the aroma and the length of burn time. People also prefer loose incense simply for the fact that loose herbs offer a cleaner more pure method of extracting the corresponding vibration of a specific herb or herbal blend, giving the practitioner a direct connection with such energies. Also, using incense in this manner is a form of connecting with our ancestors in the past, of whom would have used and burned incense in such a way.
If you are not partial to burning loose incense, you could...
1.) Use the herbs found within to dress a spell candle to manifest and bring forth the corresponding energies of the herbs into your spell.
2.) Use the herbs as casting herbs. Some pagans may cast herbs into a bon fire as an offering to the divine, others may use herbs to cast around their home (i.e. under your door mat, outside your home's perimeter, within your car, on your window sills etc.) Regardless of where the herbs are located, their corresponding energies are dispersed wherever the herbs are.
3.) Grind the herbs down to a fine powder and create your own cone incense.
4.) Use the herbs to make a mojo/gris gris bag or sachet. Within each box is a small mesh organza bag. You may wish to place some herbs within the organza bag and place a charm upon it or your intent within it as a way to manifest your will. Here is a great link about gris gris/mojo bags and how to make one.
List of the herbs & resins found within the Solar Gate incense with simple correspondences:
All of the herbs in this blend correspond to the sun and the element of fire, making them perfect for Litha/Midsummer.
• Angelica: Angelica is said to be used for exorcism, protection and healing. Used to make protective incense or can be used to sprinkle in the four corners of your home to ward of evil. It is said that angelica helps remove curses, hexes and spells against you. The root was said to have used as a talisman for gambling.
• Bay: Bay is also known as Laurel. It's ritual uses date back to ancient Greece when the priestesses of Apollo chewed bay leaves to indue a prophetic state. Bay can be used for clairvoyance, protection, strength and purification.
• Cedar: Cedar is primarily used for protection and purification. It is said that the smoke of burning cedar is purifying. American Indians would burn cedar in sweat lodges to purify the body and spirit. Cedar, when hung in the home is also said to protect it against lightning strikes.
• Cinnamon: Cinnamon has been used magickally for love, protection, prosperity and power. When burned as an incense, cinnamon raises spiritual vibrations, making it great to use when working divination. Cinnamon is also a powerful herb for protection as well.
• Copal: Copal is a light, sweet resin that has been used magickally for purification and love. A piece of copal can be used to represent the heart in a poppet.
• Frankincense: Frankincense can be used magickally for protection, exorcism and purification. The ancient Egyptians burned frankincense to honor Ra. Frankincense also raises a high spiritual vibration and is a favorite amongst Pagans to clearing and banishing the energies within the home or sacred space.
• Golden Bough: Also known as mistletoe, it is a masculine herb corresponding to the sun and air. Used for protection and health, love and fertility magick. The Celtic Druids revered mistletoe because it grew amongst the branches of their sacred trees, seemingly without sustenance. Having no roots, and thus no connection to the earth, it was considered a sacred plant of the sun.
• Juniper Berry: Juniper has been used for both numerous magickal and ritual purposes. Magickally, juniper is used for protection, exorcism as well as love. It is used throughout Europe to guard against theft and evil forces when hung in the home or burned as an incense.
• Orange: Orange in its entirety can be used magickally for luck, money, divination and love. You can use the peel and the seeds to create love sachets. Its oil is used within prosperity incense. The juice can be used in place of wine for ritual and offerings.
• Rowan Berry: Also known as watchbane, witchwood or wild ash. Rowan can be used magickally for psychic power, enhancing energies, prosperity and protection. Rowan wood is commonly used to make dowsing rods as well as ritual wands. Cornish folklore says that two twigs of rowan tied together with red string to make a cross has long been used as a protective amulet in the home or could be carried on your person for protection.
• Sunflower: Other then the seeds being a popular snack, Sunflower is steeped in lore. Sunflower is said to magickally assist with fertility, wishing, health and wisdom. Sleeping with sunflower under your bed is said to bring truth to your dreams regarding matters that seek truth. Planting sunflower in your yard is said to protect your home and bring you luck.
*None of the information provided here is meant to diagnose, treat or cure disease. Use extreme caution when burning or handling herbs. Do not ingest! If you have an allergy to any of the above herbs, do not use or handle! If irritation develops when burning incense, immediately extinguish. Do not burn and leave unattended. Be sure to properly extinguish any lit herbs or charcoal when done using.
Antique Copper Finished Offering Bowl/Cauldron
Copper Finished Ritual Offering Bowl/Incense Vessel
• WHAT: Antiqued copper finished ritual offering bowl/incense vessel/cauldron.
• WHO MAKES IT?: This item is imported and made available by Azure Green.
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: You can purchase your own at the Sabbat Box Store via Azure Green.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: Why not? He He He. This perfect sized vessel has a multitude of uses and adds a mystical heir to your home or sacred space.
We decided to add this ritual offering bowl/vessel with the Litha Sabbat Box for a few reasons. One, since we had included loose incense that requires charcoal to burn, we wanted to provide a practical vessel that could be used to burn the incense. Secondly, the size and shape. The perfect fit for Sabbat Box! Also, it makes for a great sized vessel for your altar or sacred space. We also like the versatility of the vessel and that it could be used for many things. We wish to continue to provide quality products that can be utilized and not just collect dust. The three feet on the bottom give it a cauldron feel, and who doesn't like cauldrons?
Ways to use your ritual vessel...
1.) Place sand within it to burn loose incense or charcoal burning incense.
2.) Use as a ritual or offering bowl. Place upon your altar and add special herbs, stones or trinkets as an offering to the divine or entity in which you wish to offer to.
3.) Fill the bowl with water and use it to scry with.
4.) Use as a fire proof/fire safe bowl to burn petitions, charms or magickal working in.
HAND POURED REIKI-CHARGED POSITIVE ENERGY HERBAL VOTIVE
Hand Poured Votive Spell Candle
• WHAT: Hand poured, Reiki Charged, Positive Energy Herbal Magic Votive.
• WHO MAKES IT?: These candles are made by Crystal Journey Candle Company.
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: You can buy this candle at the Sabbat Box Store or at Crystal Journey Candles Website.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: Crystal Journey has been creating and selling spiritual candles for the New Age and Pagan community for over 10 years. Each candle is hand poured by Crystal Journey Candle Company in Connecticut. Using only the finest waxes, oils and herbs to create each candle, every candle is reiki charged before leaving the warehouse, which adds to its appeal.
Many, if not most of you have heard of Crystal Journey Candle Company. Their candles are quite popular and can be found in many metaphysical stores. The main reason why we decided to offer these particular spell votives is their quality. Each hand poured candle is infused with herbs which correspond to the candles intent and they smell absolutely fantastic. These votives are great because they are an easy way to work quick candle magick. If you are not partial to burning loose incense (provided within this box), you can use the Solar Gate herbs to "dress" your votive candle, which will help add the energies of the sun and the Sabbat to your spell work. You could also burn this votive upon your altar to add positive energy to your Midsummer Ritual or spell work as well.
Herbs Infused Within:
• Frankincense: Used for protection and purification
• Dragon's Blood: Used for protection, exorcism and to amplify your magick
• Sandalwood: Used for positivity and protection
• Saffron: Strength, healing, love, happiness and prosperity
Affirmation Provided Within:
"I am a conduit for universal energy, allowing me to do good and righteous things. May this pure and positive force guide my every thought and action."
Wheel of the Year Altar Votive Candle Holder
Pagan Calendar Votive Holder
• WHAT: Wheel of the Year Altar Votive Candle Holder
• WHO MAKES IT?: These holders where imported and where purchased from Eclectic Artisans
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: You can buy this holder at the Sabbat Box Store or via Eclectic Artisans.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: Each candle holder is made from very sturdy glass. When a candle is lit from within, it will beautifully illuminate the various sabbats as the reflections dance upon your walls. They hold standard votives and tea lights and are a perfect size for your altar.
Eclectic Artisans, Sabbat Boxes' parent company, is an online marketplace that showcases and sells unique Pagan Supplies. Through their online marketplace, you can find over 5,000 products to help aid you with your magickal needs. This particular candle holder, sourced from Eclectic Artisans, makes for a unique altar adornment. Place upon your altar during ritual or spell work to add a magickal feel. The light emitted from the candles burning within will project the various and beloved symbolic sabbat imagery.
SUNRISE • HAND ROLLED STICK INCENSE
Sunrise Hand Rolled Nag Champa Stick Incense
• WHAT: Sunrise Hand Rolled "Masala" styled incense
• WHO MAKES IT?: Made by Shrinivas Sugandhalaya, part of the Satya collection
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: You can buy these incense at the Sabbat Box Store or via most metaphysical stores.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: If you are looking for incense that will add an exotic, intoxicating aroma to your home or sacred space, these hand rolled stick incense would make a perfect choice...especially for summer.
Sunrise Stick incenses belong to a style of incense called "Masala" incense. Masala incense refer to the method in which they are made. Masala incense are made in a particular way that uses high quality natural resins, oils and herbs that are combined to create a thick malleable mixture. This mixture is then hand rolled onto sticks made from bamboo. By creating incense via this method, it yields far greater quality incense compared to other stick incense where the incense is just submerged within oils. Creating incense this way also helps to provide a more pure, cleaner burning scent.
YELLOW INCENSE SAND
Yellow Incense Sand
• WHAT: Yellow Incense Sand
• WHO MAKES IT?: Created for individual suppliers - labeled as Mystic Temple
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: You can buy this incense sand via the Sabbat Box Store or via most metaphysical stores.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: When burning incense, especially loose incense on charcoal, you need something to insulate the heat. What better way to do so then with sand?
This yellow incense sand makes the perfect insulator for burning incense, charcoal, resins and powders. We chose the yellow incense to correspond with Midsummer and add a little color to your altar.
PACKING & SHIPPING
PACKING & SHIPPING:
Part of the costs of your box include the box and the packing material itself. The items listed below account for a good portion of the overall costs for the Litha Box. Each Litha/Midsummer Sabbat Box is lined with paper padding and wrapping to add to the surprise of what we’ve curated for your box. Shipping is included in the total price—average cost to ship the Beltane Box: $8.00 alone. We here at Sabbat Box wish to be as environmentally friendly that we can be and do our best to source packing supplies and material from companies that have the same beliefs we do in that we want to make as little of an impact as possible on the environment.
Your boxes where made from high quality corrugated paper and are 100% recyclable. Try to find another use for your box. They are 9x9x3 on the inside. You could decorate your box to hold some magical supplies or use it to again to ship something to someone or save it for another time when you may need it. If you must throw it away, try to recycle.
BROCHURE & COUPONS:
Your brochures are printed on 100% recyclable 16pt paper ,which is sourced from sustainable forests. They are ECF (elemental chlorine free), helping to have less of an impact on the environment.
TISSUE PAPER & FILLING:
The yellow tissue paper is made from 100% recycled paper and is recyclable. The filling is made from scraps of shredded wood and are biodegradable.
STICKERS: The stickers found within your boxes where printed on vinyl with a gloss laminate.
SAVINGS & COUPONS
Savings & Coupons:
Part of our goal is to provide a number of items to our members at a value far above what individuals can purchase on their own. When you add up all of the items as well as costs for shipping and packaging, you are saving over $18.34 for with Litha Sabbat Box. We believe this to be another good reason to be a member. Also, each box supports Pagan run businesses and their employees, and Sabbat Box looks forward to continuing to stay within our mission to help further inspire you to live a magical life. Coupons just add to the overall value of your box and are not included in the "total savings" specified on your information sheet/brochure.
• Total MSRP of items inside: $50.34
• Total Savings on this box: $10.39
• Total Shipping Savings: $7.95
• Grand Total In Savings: $18.34
~Our members helped to support 5 Pagan run businesses with your Sabbat Box membership. Thank You!
This particular Sabbat Box cycle took us over 200 hours, from beginning to end, just to make your Litha/Midsummer Boxes ready to ship. This included folding the boxes together, individually cutting each sheet of tissue paper by hand, weighing out the excelsior filler for each box, designing the flyers, coupons and stickers to be printed by the printers, individually placing each candle within a bag, individually assembling the boxes, individually taping the tissue paper within each box by hand, taping each and every box by hand as well as individually printing each and every shipping label and sticking them to your boxes as well. This timeframe doesn't even include the efforts made to manage the website, the back end billing system, social media management, customer service inquiries, accounting, marketing, purchasing, and so on. We really do believe in what it is we are doing and we sincerely hope that each and every one of you can see that the purest of intent has been placed within each and every box.
OFFICIAL LITHA • MIDSUMMER UNBOXING VIDEO
We thank each and every one of our suppliers, vendors, customers and MOST IMPORTANTLY our members for making this possible. This wouldn't even be happening if it wasn't for our members. We really look forward to shipping out the next boxes for Lammas, as we are hoping to make our future boxes EVEN BETTER then the last. We also look forward to continuing to serve the Pagan community at large via our unique subscription box service.
Llyfer & Hugh
Founders of Sabbat Box &
Eclectic Artisans LLC
Litha • Midsummer • Summer Solstice Sabbat Box Theme Release 1
Merry Meet Again,
We hope everyone had a wonderful Beltane and we hope that the items inside of your Beltane Box brought magickal inspiration into your lives! We where so happy to receive such all of the positive feedback from everyone regarding the Beltane Box. We put a lot of time, effort and dedication into making Sabbat Box a valuable tool that will inspire you to further live magically.
With that being said, It is that time again here at Sabbat Box when we release the theme for the next box. I know Beltane just passed us by, but we are gearing up for the next box for Litha • Midsummer • Sumer Solstice. The official theme of the next Sabbat Box is..."MIDSUMMER MAGICK." The wheel keeps on a' turnin' and as we head into the peak of summer, we are finding unique products for the next box that are geared towards the summer solstice and the magickal practice associated with this time of the year! We are working very hard with some awesome Pagan owned companies to curate your next Sabbat Box. We truly hope to make this next box even better and filled with items that will surely aid you in your magical endeavors!
Also, since we received such positive feedback regarding the items featured in the Beltane Box, we have decided to feature other items for sale by the various vendors who had items featured within the Beltane Box, on the Sabbat Box store. We are in the midst of adding different teas, candles, oils, books and other high quality Witchcraft Supplies that will assist you with you magickal workings. These items will be posted and available for purchase this Friday.
As specified on the Sabbat Box Shipping Schedule, Litha Boxes are scheduled to ship out on June 8th. And it looks like we are on schedule for that ship date. Just like before, once your boxes ship, you will receive a tracking email with a link to track your Sabbat Box. Also, if you have any questions, you can always visit the Sabbat Box knowledge base/FAQ's or contact us at any time.
Don't forget, there is still time to sign up for the Sabbat Box Super Sabbat Giveaway. If you did an unboxing video for your Beltane Box, all you have to do is post it to youtube, and then share the link with us via the Super Sabbat Giveaway registration form. We will be giving away an amazing box of items filled with over $100 worth of products inside. One winner will be picked on May 15th.
If you happen to wish to do a little more reading about the upcoming Sabbat, here are two links you may like:
• Inspiration for setting up your Litha altar, From Marietta over at Witchy Words:
• From Patti Wigington over at about.com, setting up your Litha-Midsummer altar.
We look forward to delivering your Litha • Midsummer • Summer Solstice boxes to you!
•JOIN SABBAT BOX TODAY•