Midsummer 2019 Sabbat Box Theme Release • Solar Embrace 0
• 2019 MIDSUMMER • SABBAT BOX THEME • SOLAR EMBRACE •
Boxes ship: 6/7 ~ The year is almost half over…where has it gone? The Wheel of the Year, however, is also moving swiftly toward Midsummer. As we approach the longest day of our calendar year in the Northern Hemisphere, our hearts and minds turn to the light and energy of the season and the opportunity for growth and increase. Could a successful harvest of all of our work be around the corner? Are the seeds we planted in our lives going to bear out to a bountiful return? If the bright long days are an indicator of success, then we are on the right path!!
Midsummer (June 21st this year for us in the northern hemisphere) is the celebration of the summer solstice; the time when the daylight is longest, and nights the shortest. More technically speaking, the summer solstice occurs when one of the earth's poles is tilted closest to the sun. As the summer solstice occurs in one hemisphere, the winter solstice will occur simultaneously in the opposite hemisphere. As the year waxes forward after the winter solstice occurs, so does the light of the sun, and since the earliest of times, these celestial events played extremely important roles within many cultures around the world and helped to shape a diverse range of legend, lore and spiritual practices, some of which may be lost to time, others still present to modern day.
If you look back far enough throughout the history of religion and spirituality as practiced by us sentient beings, you will eventually find that many of the world's spiritual practices and worship had similar origins...many started out as a religion of the Sun and Moon. When one thinks about it, it makes total sense. From our most primitive times as a species, when day to day survival was of the utmost importance, the presence of day and night had a major impact in our efforts to survive, so we started to track the journey of the sun and moon -- literally for the sake of our lives. The sun and moon is where the essence of life and death resided. With each morning's rise of the sun, all that was asleep the night before was awaken and sprung back to life, shedding a light on the unseen dangers that lurked within the veil of darkness. With each rise of the sun during the waxing part of the year also came with it warmth, growth, and the renewal of life. This fiery, life giving energy ended up transforming itself into a myriad of symbolic archetypes that paved way to the foundation of belief systems where deities of the sun were recognized, and were also given that same power to bare life and deliver death as well.
These archetypes grew greater in influence over time, and soon we as a people were building places of worship for these symbolic figures, many of which were constructed to coincide with the very movements of the sun, lining up in perfect precision on special celestial events such as the solstices and equinoxes. The very fact that these feats were able to be achieved during more primitive times for humanity is astonishing in and of itself, and further goes to show how significant it was for our ancestors to connect with the all mighty, life giving sun.
This year’s Midsummer Sabbat Box is all about tapping into the fiery solar energy of the sun, in the same way our ancestors would attempt to draw in and connect with the power of the life giver itself on the summer solstice. We have worked hard to curate a collection of items that will help inspire one to work with that vibrant solar energy of the solstice. The items inside will also aid in assisting one to focus on drawing in the light of the divine and embracing it within our practices and within our lives. By embracing this light we pave a way to help balance the unbalanced and move forward from the stagnant, and give birth to desires we have deep within. The path work done during this time is open and can be “seen” like no other time of the Wheel. It is a time to recognize the importance of this intense solar energy while also having faith that what we have started will bring about a successful finish, and that the natural cycles of light and dark will continue.
Discover the 2017 Midsummer Sabbat Box • Herbal Witchery 17
• 2017 MIDSUMMER SABBAT BOX • HERBAL WITCHERY • BOX BREAKDOWN •
Hail and Welcome, Sabbat Box Members and Friends!
It is that time once again! Litha/Midsummer, has arrived, meaning the height of the God’s power (and the heat of the season) is in full effect. The fullness of life and abundance is on display, and with it the light of the sun diminishes the darkness and with it brings forth hope for answers to life’s obstacles and revelations of dark mysteries.
This Litha we decided to focus on onee particular recipient of all this solar energy: herbs. It is now time to start to gather those green plants--even the ones that many may associate as “weeds”--and add them to our magickal cabinet for future use.
Herbs are not just for cooking and natural medicines, but they offer us a way incorporate their various and unique correspondent energies into our spiritual practices. Whether sprinkled on fire, steeped in tea, or any other of the myriad applications of herbs in magickal practice, herbs give us a direct gift from the earth to incorporate into ourselves and provide a boundless connection to our world and environment.
- As some of you may know, as of now we are currently at our maximum membership capacity at Sabbat Box. We have implemented a waiting list for those interested in joining when membership positions become available. You can join the waiting list here.
- Do you or someone you know make a product that would appeal to the Pagan community? Are you looking to launch a product or get your product in front of a large audience? If so, lets talk! Sabbat Box is always looking for new vendors and suppliers that create unique items to feature inside an upcoming Sabbat Box. Sabbat Box is a great way for people to find out about you, your product or your company. Whether you are looking to advertise inside the box or wish to feature a product within a box, we would love to hear from you. Register to become a Sabbat Box Supplier/Advertiser today.
• BOX SYNOPSIS •
All of the items that we curated for you inside this box correspond with -or- may help assist you with the following forms of magick:
- Herb Magick
- Hedge Witchery & Green Witchery
- Discovering how herbs are able to be used in many forms, to aid with our spiritual practices.
With the summer solstice upon us, we look to the sky to honor the sun and all that it bestows upon us, just like our ancestors did. It is this very sun, our own special star, that provides for us as a people, the ability to survive and flourish (as well as every living thing on this planet). Our ancestors knew this, and a vast majority of them would take note of the celestial patterns of the cosmos, marking days like the solstices as holy days, and making them a time to honor the fiery body that brings with it warmth and the ability for life itself to carry on.
Within modern Paganism and witchcraft today, plants and herbs play one of the most integral roles in our spiritual practice. Many of our spiritual tools are made from them (incense, oils, candles), and we incorporate them into sacred rites and ceremony, for the correspondences they hold. They even adorn our sacred space, just as they were originally used throughout time, adding further connection between herbs, the craft, and the sabbats.
Though it is not one of the three harvest sabbats like the sabbats that follow it, Midsummer has long been associated with being a time when the abundance of the earth starts to become more prevalent, especially within the plant kingdom. Thanks to the longer days and the warmth of the sun, many types of herbs and plants will begin to mature around this time of year, and when harvested, the solar energy that helped each plant to grow, remains within them and will be transferred to us when we use them. This, in essence marks a direct connection between what grows from the ground and the sun.
• INTERESTED IN HERBALISM? TAKE A CLASS AT THE HERBAL ACADEMY •
Have you always wanted to learn more about herbs and herbalism, or even become an herbalist? Have you wanted to become more acquainted with herbs to better assist your spiritual practice? Visit The Herbal Academy by clicking the banner below and find a course that suits you best!
• HERBAL HEALERS BY GLENNIE KINDRED •
ITEM 1: HERBAL HEALERS BOOK.........$8.95
• WHAT: Herbal Healers, by Glennie Kindred
• WHO MAKES IT?: Wooden Books
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: The Sabbat Box Store or via Wooden Books
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: This slim guide provides a suprisingly comprehensive reference for a wide selection of herbs and their uses
Herbal Healers may look small, but don’t let its size fool you! In this simple and useful book of herbs and potions, renowned hedge witch Glennie Kindred shares her wisdom of the herbal world. Each page is packed with the information and lore of various herbs along with recipes for ancient potions, salves, and ointments as well as other country wisdom.
Sabbat Box had Herbal Healers specially imported from “Wooden Books” (located in the United Kingdom), specifically to include in this box. Wooden Books is a publisher known for their peculiar titles. Be sure to check out all 60+ on their interactive website.
• DREAM BALM •
ITEM 2: DREAM BALM.........$12.00
• WHAT: Dream Balm with Mugwort, White Sage, Lavender, Palo Santo, and Cedarwood
• WHO MAKES IT?: Herbal Moon Apothecary
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Available at Herbal Moon Apothecary or the Sabbat Box Store
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: This proprietary blend of complementary herbs will help foster dreams and journeying in the dream realm
A unique way that we are able to work with herbs is to pull the chemical components and compounds found within different herbs and infuse that material into a balm or an ointment. When rubbed onto the skin, the active compounds that were infused into the balm or ointment is absorbed into the body, where the active ingredients will work accordingly.
This unique Dream Balm, by Herbal Moon Apothecary, will help assist you with projecting and journeying into the dream realm. Its herbal components assist in increasing your dream state and improving dream retention (perfect for dream journaling).
- Organic Olive Oil (olea europaea)
- Organic Mugwort (artemisia vulgaris)
- Organic White Sage (salvia apiana)
- Organic Lavender (lavendula angustifolia)
- Organic Cedarwood (Cedrus atlanticus)
- Organic Palo Santo (bursera graveolens)
The Cedarwood and lavender within the balm will help relax you and induce sleep, while palo santo and mugwort help enhance and protect your dreams and journeys.
To use: Apply a small amount to temples, forehead and/or third eye area before bedtime.
Located in Puyallup, Washington, Herbal Moon Apothecary is a small husband and wife team that creates all-natural organic herbal remedies, organic skincare products, and herbal apothecary products that honor the earth and nourish the body.
• CUP OF SUN TEA •
ITEM 3: HERBAL TEA..........$8.00
• WHAT: Cup of Sun Organic Loose Leaf Herbal Tea
• WHO MAKES IT?: Cattail Apothecary
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Available at Cattail Apothecary or the Sabbat Box Store
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: This caffeine-free herbal tea is a great way to get your “cup of sun”--blended with an original blend of herbs that can be iced for a hot midsummer’s day or brewed for a peaceful moment of relaxation
The main purpose behind our Herbal Witchery box is for each of our members to become more acquainted with the different ways you are able to incorporate herbs into your spiritual and ritual practices. One of the easier and common ways is by imbibing the herbs directly in herbal teas or tisanes. Because of its strong herbal correspondences to solar energies and the sun, we decided to include a package of the Cup of Sun tea by Cattail Apothecary as a means for you to be able to connect with the solar energies of the sabbat through herbs.
Sip on your cup of sun tea prior to your Midsummer ritual in order to draw in the power of the sun. Use Cup of Sun during a cakes and ale ceremony. You could also use Cup of Sun tea as an offering to the divine masculine, or simply make an iced pitcher of the tea to enjoy during a hot day.
- Hibiscus Flowers
- St. John's Wort
- Lemon Balm
- Orange Peel
All ingredients are organic. Each tea comes in a 1oz resealable bag. There are roughly 20 servings per bag.
Exclusive Coupon: Use coupon code "SABBATBOX" on the Cattail Apothecary website and save 10% on the products in your purchase!
Based out of Connecticut, Cattail Apothecary was born from over twenty years of study. Founded by Bex, Cattail Apothecary specializes in combining the magickal and medicinal aspects of plants to create unique natural bath and body products, herbal skincare products, and herbal apothecary products like potions, elixirs, oils, and tea blends.
• WITCHING HERBS KIT •
ITEM 4: ORGANIC HERB SET..........$12.00
• WHAT: Witching Herbs Set with Informational Parchment
• WHO MAKES IT?: Sabbat Box
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Available exclusively at the Sabbat Box Store
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: This small bag, a handy collection of herbs with a descriptive informational parchment, is great for both the beginner to herbal magick and the experienced practitioner who is looking to replenish their spellcraft cupboard.
One of the things we wanted to include inside our Herbal Witchery Sabbat Box is a set of quality organic herbs that would be versatile in both their magickal and mundane use.
EACH SET CONTAINS:
- 1 x Package of Lavender
- 1 x Package of Vervain
- 1 x Package of Hyssop
- 1 x Package of Willow Bark
- 1 x Informational parchment with inspiration and herb lore for your book of shadows
- 1 x Jute bag (5x7 inch) to use to hold your herbs or to use to incorporate into your magickal workings.
Included in each herb set is an informational parchment (perfect for your book of shadows) with various correspondences, lore, and ideas/inspiration for different ways one could implement the use of these herbs into your ritual practice (if you don’t already). There are two masculine and two feminine herbs, each representing the four elements of earth, fire, water, and air.
• ASCENSION HERBAL SMUDGE STICK •
ITEM 5: HERBAL SMUDGE STICK 7".........$12.00
• WHAT: Ascension 7” Desert Sage Smudge Stick w/Lavender, Myrrh, and Angelica
• WHO MAKES IT?: Wolf Spirit Sage
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Available at Sabbat Box sourced via Eclectic Artisans.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: This large smudge stick is a great way to connect and protect, heal and purify.
Another way herbs are used and implemented within our spiritual practices is to burn them for a specific purpose or intent. One of the more commonly known ways to do such is with a “smudging ceremony,” which consists of burning a smudge stick and wafting its smoke amongst people or in a designated space.
- Desert Sage: (Artemesia tridentata) Desert sage has long been a popular herb to be used for cleansing and purification and is often used in healing rituals. Though it has a similar aroma to white sage, desert sage is not as strong when burning, making it popular with people that may not be able to normally use white sage.
- Lavender: (Lavendula officinale) is commonly associated with healing, peace and tranquility.
- Myrrh: (Commiphora myrrha) Myrrh is a resin that is burned to raise energy and the vibration of a space. It is also said to be used for protection, exorcism, healing and consecration.
- Angelica: (Angelica archangelica) Angelica is used for protection magick, exorcism and healing ceremonies. Some also use angelica to work with angelic beings as well as petitioning the divine.
It is believed that when burned, the corresponding properties (as well as the spirit of the herbs or plants) come forth to aid in the ritual or ceremony. The “Ascension” smudge stick is made up of a rare blend or herbs and resins meant to aid with healing, protection, purification and connecting with the divine.
• CITRINE CRYSTAL SET •
ITEM 6: STONE SET...............$1.95
• WHAT: Citrine Crystal Kit with Informational Card and Organza Bag
• WHO MAKES IT?: Produced by Sabbat Box
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Available at the Sabbat Box Store
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: This beautiful crystal specimen is a great focal point and correspondent to the power of the sun and all the blessings of Midsummer.
Midsummer is often associated with abundance, growth, success, and prosperity, so we decided to include a crystal that held similar correspondences to the celebration of the Sabbat. Citrine is often considered to be a stone of great power and is associated with good luck. It is also believed that citrine is a stone that is powered by the sun and has a reputation of increasing energy while transmuting negative energy, making it a great stone to work with or have on an altar during summer solstice rituals.
• PACKING & SHIPPING •
PACKING & SHIPPING: Part of the costs of your box include the box and the packing material itself. The items listed below account for a good portion of the overall costs for the Midsummer Sabbat Boxes. Each Midsummer Sabbat Box is lined with paper padding and wrapping to add to the surprise of what we’ve curated for you. Shipping is also included in the total price. The cost to ship boxes is roughly $9.00. With that being said, we here at Sabbat Box wish to be as environmentally friendly that we can be and do our best to source packing supplies and material from companies that have the same beliefs we do, in that we want to make as little of an impact as possible on the environment, while also keeping the content of your boxes safe as they make their journey to you.
BOXES: Your boxes where made from high quality corrugated paper and are 100% recyclable. Try to find another use for your box. They are 9x9x3 on the inside. You could decorate your box to hold some magical supplies or use it again to ship something to someone or save it for another time when you may need it. If you have to get rid of it, please try to recycle it.
BROCHURES: Your brochures are printed on recyclable 16pt paper, which is sourced from sustainable forests.
TISSUE PAPER & FILLING: The green tissue paper is made from 100% recycled paper and is recyclable. The brown colored filler inside each box is made from scraps of recycled colored crinkle paper and is biodegradable.
STICKERS: The stickers found within your boxes where printed on vinyl with a gloss laminate.
• SABBAT BOX SAVINGS & COUPONS •
Part of our goal is to provide a number of items to our members at a value far above what individuals can purchase on their own. When you add up all of the items inside your Midsummer Sabbat Box, as well as costs for shipping and packaging, you are saving over $17.00. We believe this to be another good reason to be a member. Also, each box we create helps to support Pagan run businesses and their employees. Sabbat Box looks forward to continuing to stay within our mission to work with other Pagan businesses to supply products for each box.
MIDSUMMER SABBAT BOX PRICE BREAKDOWN
• Total MSRP of items inside: $54.90
• Total Savings on this box: $8.95
• Total Shipping Savings: $9.00
• Grand Total In Savings: $17.95
Our members helped to support 5 small/Pagan run businesses with their Sabbat Box membership! We work with other Pagans and Pagan owned businesses within the community to purchase, curate and supply the items featured within our boxes. In the end, we want to help the community grow and share our business with companies that share our same values and standards.
• SABBAT BOX FEATURED VENDOR - CATTAIL APOTHECARY •
COMPANY: CATTAIL APOTHECARY
ABOUT THEM AND WHAT THEY SELL: Bex, the owner and founder of Cattail Apothecary created the business after 20 years of study. Cattail Apothecary specializes in combining the magickal and medicinal aspects of plants to create unique skincare products, potions, elixirs, oils and tea blends. Soon to be located in Connecticut, Cattail Apothecary offers small batch, hand crafted apothecary products to suit a variety of people and a variety of needs.
From Cattail Apothecary's website:
"While other children were playing house, I was playing Warden of the Woods and talking to the trees. I was steeping marigolds in creek water and applying the "tea" to my eyelids hoping to see faeries. I've always been in love with plants and always known they're full of magic. As a teen I started studying herbs and investigating the potential of nature to provide so many of our needs and wants. Cattail Apothecary was born of over 20 years of study and at least ten years of dreaming of making/selling products. The Cattail Team consists of me, Bee, the hedgewitch/founder/CEO and three cats who supervise...don't fret, despite all of their efforts, I keep their cat tails out of Cattail."
- WEBSITE: https://cattailapothecary.com
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/cattailapothecary/
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/cattailapothecary
Have you entered our Full Moon Giveaway yet?! See yesterday's post for details on how to enter. There are TEN amazing shops giving away a whole lot of ridiculously wonderful magic. Ten prizes, ten chances to win. Here's a look at our prize: a 1oz bottle of our An Unclouded Heart potion, a 1oz mini of Veil of the Flame cocoa rose face mask and a slide tin of our Peppermint Rose sheer tint lip balm. Can you feel the super ROSEY theme happening here?? It's because the June Full Moon is also known as the Strawberry Moon or the Rose Moon. 🌙🌹 You have until Sunday to enter! ✨
• SABBAT BOX FEATURED VENDOR - HERBAL MOON APOTHECARY •
COMPANY: HERBAL MOON APOTHECARY
ABOUT THEM AND WHAT THEY SELL: Located in Puyallup, Washington, Herbal Moon Apothecary, is a small husband and wife team that creates all natural, organic herbal remedies, organic skin care products, and herbal apothecary items that honor the earth and nourish the body.
From Herbal Moon Apothecary's Website:
"Our small family business strives to create natural, organic products that honor the earth and nourish the body. Each of our herbal creations are handcrafted and infused with love and healing intentions that incorporate the natural rhythms and cycles of mother earth.
We believe that nature is sacred and we strive to honor the earth with natural, organic products that are low-impact and earth friendly. We hope you feel the unique energy of our handmade products that we make with love from our heart and soul."
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/herbalmoonapothecary/
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/herbalmoonapothecary
Some of my favorite schtuff: Herbal Moon Organic Lip Gloss, Elderberry Syrup, Goddess Face Mask and our Aromatherapy blends 🙌🏻💗 Oh, and we LOVE to barter with other artisans, so DM us if you're interested in trading! Some of our most favorite trades have been from @primal.apothecary @librasgarden @whimsical.stone and @co_opofcreation - check them out!! 😍😍😍 #handcrafted #herbalremedies #botanicalskincare #organicskincare #plantmedicine #plantmagic #ecofriendly #crueltyfree #smallbusiness
• TIME •
We take pride in assembling each and every Sabbat Box by hand, no matter the amount of time it takes. We don't just throw your items inside a flat rate priority mail box like some other subscription box companies out there. We want your Sabbat Box to be delivered to you as beautifully as it left us, and it takes a tremendous amount of time to complete this task.
This includes folding the boxes together, individually cutting each sheet of tissue paper by hand, weighing out the crinkle paper for each box, designing the flyers, coupons, stickers and brochures to be printed professionally by commercial printers, individually placing each item within their corresponding bags, individually assembling the boxes, individually packing the tissue paper within each box by hand and also putting together and creating product packing. This timeframe doesn't even include the efforts made to manage the Sabbat Box website, the back end billing system, social media management, customer service inquiries, accounting, marketing, purchasing, networking, and so on. This is a labor of love and we enjoy serving the community!
We believe in what it is we are doing and we sincerely hope that each and every one of you can see that the purest of intent and utmost care goes into curating each Sabbat Box.
• OFFICIAL 2017 MIDSUMMER SABBAT BOX UNBOXING VIDEO •
Don't forget to share your unboxing videos with us for Midsummer here
• OTHER RESOURCES RELATING TO YOUR BOX •
MIDSUMMER INFORMATION, LORE AND MORE!
- Simple Midsummer Ritual: Click Here
- Ideas for celebrating Midsummer By Tess Whitehurst: Article
- Midsummer celebration and rituals via Witchy Words: Blog Articles
We would like to thank each and every one of our suppliers, vendors, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, our members, for making Sabbat Box possible. This wouldn't even be happening if it wasn't for our members. We hope to continue to serve the Pagan community at large and continue to provide you inspiration to celebrate The Wheel of the Year! Have a Blessed Midsummer!
Llyfr & Hugh
Founders of Sabbat Box