Discover The Ostara Sabbat Box - Emergence 0
• OSTARA SABBAT BOX • EMERGENCE • SABBAT BOX BREAKDOWN •
Greetings Sabbat Box Members,
Well, we must say, it is hard to believe that we have come full circle here with Sabbat Box. That's right, we have just celebrated our 1 year anniversary since starting Sabbat Box and we just completed our first trip around the wheel of the year together with you all. What a journey it has been thus far! It has been amazing to connect with so many different customers, members, vendors and artists from around the country in order to make Sabbat Box the success it has become. We wanted to thank everyone for their continued business and for allowing Sabbat Box to help further inspire your magickal practices.
With Ostara on the horizon, we start to celebrate the season of returning light and emerging life. Nature has awaken in the Northern Hemisphere and is ready to burst forth into the magick of Spring. Ostara, which is also known as the Spring Equinox is a Sabbat in which marks a time to work magick pertaining to fertility, growth, balance, rebirth, renewal and love. The items featured within this most recent Sabbat Box will surely allow one to connect with Ostara and manifest renewal and growth into their lives.
- As some of you may know, as of now we are currently at our maximum membership capacity at Sabbat Box. We have implemented a waiting list for those interested in joining when membership positions become available. You can join the waiting list here.
- Do you or someone you know make a product that would appeal to the Pagan community? Are you looking to launch a product or get your product in front of a large audience? If so, lets talk! Sabbat Box is always looking for new vendors and suppliers that create unique items to feature inside an upcoming Sabbat Box. Sabbat Box is a great way for people to find out about you, your product or your company. Whether you are looking to advertise inside the box or wish to feature a product within a box, we would love to hear from you. Register to become a Sabbat Box Supplier/Advertiser today.
• OSTARA-RITUALS, RECIPES & LORE FOR THE SPRING EQUINOX •
• ITEM 1: OSTARA BOOK.........$11.99
• WHAT: Ostara-Rituals, Recipes and Lore for the Spring Equinox (part of Llewellyn's Sabbat Essentials series)
• WHO MAKES IT?: Llewellyn Worldwide & Authored By Kerri Connor.
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Via the Sabbat Box Store or via Llewellyn.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: Llewellyn has been a trusted source for books on Paganism, Magick and New Age topics since 1901. This particular book features spells, recipes, lore, invocations, correspondences, crafts and rituals that will help to inspire you to celebrate Ostara in your own unique way.
Part of what we wish to do here at Sabbat Box is to provide further resources for our members pertaining to paganism, witchcraft and the Sabbats. The Sabbat Essentials series are wonderful resource books and will truly help you find inspiration on how to celebrate the Sabbat in your own special way. Some may say that these books are geared more towards those new to the craft, but you would be surprised to read how much information is packed within these books, which is helpful for both seasoned practitioners as well as a novice! We decided to feature Llewellyn's Sabbat Essentials books when we started Sabbat Box, as this line of books is brand new to Llewellyn, (making most of them first edition prints) and they correlate perfectly with what Sabbat Box is all about. In fact, these first edition printings come out only a few weeks before we ship each Sabbat Box, which makes our members some of the first people to actually own and read them.
Maiden Goddess, soon to be Mother, known by many names,
—Pg.145, Ostara: Rituals, Recipes and Lore for The Spring Equinox
Other great books by Kerri Connor:
• The Pocket Spell Creator: Magickal References at Your Fingertips,
• The Pocket Guide to Rituals: Magickal References at Your Fingertips
• Crafting Hope When Faced With Life’s Thorniest Challenges.
• The Pocket Idiot’s Guide to Potions,
• Goodbye Grandmother
• Spells for Tough Times
• NATURE GODDESS STATUARY & CANDLE HOLDER •
• ITEM 2: STATUARY.......$24.95
• WHAT: Earth Deity Goddess Statue with Tealight Candle Holder — 7 1/4” tall
• WHO MAKES IT?: Via Eclectic Artisans
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: The Sabbat Box Store or Eclectic Artisans.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: Imagery and symbolism plays an important role in most spiritual practice; this is especially true within Wicca, as well as both modern and ancient Paganism. One of the most notable and revered symbols adopted from our Pagan ancestors is the image of the divine feminine—also known as “The Goddess”—representing the very essence of life, wisdom, fertility, femininity, womanhood, mystery and love.
This particular nature Goddess statuary both embodies those fertile feminine characteristics but also portrays the archetypal references to the spring season. She is covered with flowers, leaves, and greenery, as well as spring animals. Her hands hold a vessel-shaped “cauldron” fit for a tea light candle—representative of the coming light of the sun, which in balance with nature brings forth life. This statue can sit on an altar to honor the divine feminine and draw in the energies of abundance, fertility, renewal, prosperity, nature, and divinity. There is representation of both the feminine and masculine included as well. The tea light may act as the sun and the statuary is the Goddess, and together life emerges and manifests.
• HAND POURED PURE BEESWAX EGG SPELL CANDLES •
• ITEM 3: EGG CANDLE.........$4.95
• WHAT: Hand Poured 10 Hour Beeswax Egg Candle
• WHO MAKES IT?: Sunbeam Candles
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: From Sunbeam Candles or via the Sabbat Box Store.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: When working magick, performing ritual or just simply decorating an altar, many Pagans will utilize symbols as well as various types of imagery to represent or convey a special meaning or purpose. Take the egg, for example: it contains various correspondences and can be used to symbolize renewal, growth, emergence, fertility, life, and femininity as well as a connection to the very energies of spring itself.
• LAVENDER AND WHITE SAGE SMUDGE STICK •
• ITEM 4: SPRING SMUDGE STICK.........$3.95
• WHAT: Lavender and White Sage Sacred Smudge Stick, 4 inch
• WHO MAKES IT?: Mother Nature
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Most metaphysical shops, or the Sabbat Box Store.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT? Within each Sabbat Box we do our best to include an entire spectrum of different items that will enhance spiritual practice. One of our members’ favorite items are the various ritual and spell supplies we include, like sage. We think this lavender and white sage, hand bound together, fits perfectly with the height of spring. Lavender has many correspondences and representations, including healing, love, happiness and purification. Burned in combination with that universal herb of cleansing and purification, this will add another level of energy to all your practices and rites.
This white sage and lavender smudge stick is the perfect way to clear and cleanse sacred space or infuse the air with a fragrant, floral scent. Coupling lavender flowers--corresponding with love, happiness, and new growth--with the traditional cleansing energy of white sage creates a life-affirming atmosphere for your altar and magickal practice. White sage and lavender smudge sticks are also great for those who are looking for something a little different than just sage by itself.
How to burn a smudge stick:
• Fetch a small fireproof bowl, cauldron or incense vessel.
• Place your smudge stick next to a burning flame (a lighter or candle will do).
• Allow the smudge stick to catch fire and burn at the end for a few seconds.
• Once the wood has caught fire and is starting to emit smoke, extinguish the fire.
• After extinguished, you will want to keep the smudge stick atop a bowl or ash catcher to catch the smoldered embers and to prevent fire. Use the emitting smoke to smudge your space.
• PROSPERITY RITUAL POWEDERS •
• ITEM 5: RITUAL POWDER.........$3.95
• WHAT IS IT: The Sacred Well Prosperity Ritual Powders.
• WHO MAKES IT?: The Sacred Well, via Devera Gifts
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: The Sabbat Box Store.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: Ritual powders are quite versatile and have many uses. Each vial is handy to have in a pinch, and perfect for any witch.
Since Ostara marks a time of rebirth, renewal, emergence, balance, and—most importantly—growth, we decided to include a vial of Prosperity Ritual Powders by The Sacred Well within the Ostara Sabbat Box. Prosperity ritual powders will surely help one to harness the energies of the Sabbat to help one manifest prosperity. Each vial contains a handcrafted blend of potent proprietary herbs and essential oils that will help you release your magickal intent. Ritual powders are an extremely versatile magickal tool and can be used in many different ways. The Sacred Well has been serving the Pagan community since 2007 and offers an array of unique magical supplies.
DIFFERENT WAYS TO USE PROSPERITY POWDERS:
• Dress spell candles with powders
• Burn powders on a charcoal disk as incense
• Add to a mojo bag or gris gris bag
• Use as a house sprinkle
• Place within an offering bowl
• Use as an offering to the divine
• Place within a poppet
• HEM PRECIOUS PATCHOULI CONE INCENSE •
• ITEM 6: INCENSE.........$2.00
• WHAT IS IT?: Precious Patchouli Cone Incense—10 pack
• WHO MAKES IT?: HEM
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: You can purchase at the Sabbat Box Store.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: Patchouli is a highly sought after plant for its corresponding properties of prosperity, love, money, luck and sexuality.
High quality incense is something every witch or magickal practitioner should keep on hand at all times. That includes an array of various incense with different aromas and magickal intent. Patchouli corresponds well with the spring equinox and the energies of Ostara; it is said to correspond to prosperity, money, fertility, success, and lust. That, along with its rich earthy scent, make these cones the perfect incense to burning while working prosperity magick or spellwork pertaining to love, abundance, fertility, and friendship.
• PACKING & SHIPPING •
PACKING & SHIPPING: Part of the costs of your box include the box and the packing material itself. The items listed below account for a good portion of the overall costs for the Ostara Sabbat Box. Each Ostara Sabbat Box is lined with paper padding and wrapping to add to the surprise of what we’ve curated for you. Shipping is also included in the total price. The average cost to ship Sabbat Boxes has gone up the past few months due to the postal services price increase. The cost to ship boxes is roughly $8.65. With that being said, we here at Sabbat Box wish to be as environmentally friendly that we can be and do our best to source packing supplies and material from companies that have the same beliefs we do, in that we want to make as little of an impact as possible on the environment.
BOXES: Your boxes where made from high quality corrugated paper and are 100% recyclable. Try to find another use for your box. They are 9x9x3 on the inside. You could decorate your box to hold some magical supplies or use it again to ship something to someone or save it for another time when you may need it. If you dispose of it, please try to recycle it.
BROCHURE: Your brochures are printed on 100% recyclable 16pt paper, which is sourced from sustainable forests.
TISSUE PAPER & FILLING: The light blue tissue paper is made from 100% recycled paper and is recyclable. The green colored filler inside each box is made from scraps of recycled colored crinkle paper and is biodegradable.
STICKERS: The stickers found within your boxes where printed on vinyl with a gloss laminate.
• SABBAT BOX SAVINGS & COUPONS •
SAVINGS & COUPONS:
Part of our goal is to provide a number of items to our members at a value far above what individuals can purchase on their own. When you add up all of the items inside your Ostara Sabbat Box, as well as costs for shipping and packaging, you are saving over $19.00. We believe this to be another good reason to be a member. Also, each box we create helps to support Pagan run businesses and their employees. Sabbat Box looks forward to continuing to stay within our mission to work with other Pagan businesses to supply products for each box.
Coupons are another great feature you will find within Sabbat Boxes. Coupons just add to the overall value of your box and are not included in the "total savings" specified on your information sheet/brochure, but definitely add further value as well as further exclusivity to being a member. Be sure to visit our product suppliers websites and stores to help continue to support their businesses and missions as well.
OSTARA BOX PRICE BREAKDOWN
• Total MSRP of items inside: $51.34
• Total Savings on this box: $11.39
• Total Shipping Savings: $8.60
• Grand Total In Savings: $19.99
~Our members helped to support 5 Pagan run businesses with their Sabbat Box membership! Unlike some subscription boxes (that only use their own products inside each of their boxes), we work with other Pagans and Pagan owned businesses within the community to purchase and supply the items featured within our boxes. In the end, we want to help the community grow and share our business with companies that share our same values and standards.
We take pride in assembling each and every Sabbat Box by hand, no matter the amount of time it takes. We don't just throw your items inside a flat rate priority mail box like some other subscription box companies out there. We want your Sabbat Box to be delivered to you as beautifully as it left us, and it takes a tremendous amount of time to complete this task.
This includes folding the boxes together, individually cutting each sheet of tissue paper by hand, weighing out the crinkle paper for each box, designing the flyers, coupons, stickers and brochures to be printed professionally by commercial printers, individually placing each candle within a bag, individually assembling the boxes, individually packing the tissue paper within each box by hand, putting together and creating product packing. This timeframe doesn't even include the efforts made to manage the Sabbat Box website, the back end billing system, social media management, customer service inquiries, accounting, marketing, purchasing, networking, and so on.
We believe in what it is we are doing and we sincerely hope that each and every one of you can see that the purest of intent and utmost care goes into curating each Sabbat Box.
• OFFICIAL OSTARA SABBAT BOX UNBOXING VIDEO •
• OTHER RESOURCES, BLOGS AND PODCASTS •
• HECATE'S CAULDRON: A website of mystery and Magick, beautiful Rituals, invocations, chants, and dedications, which will inspire you and enable you to feel the magick; feel Her power; feel her presence. Whether you are a new Priestess or Priest to the Craft, or a practicing Pagan and/or Witch of many years, you will find truth, knowledge and wisdom throughout this most magickal website, for in the cauldron of Hecate, you will be reborn into life, wisdom, and magick. We are born from the cauldron of Hecate, and Her torches lead us through our journey of life.
• INCITING A RIOT: Inciting A Riot isn't just a blog concerning all things related to politics, people, and paganism; it's also a PODCAST! That's too many p's. I'm sorry. The podcast has exclusive content including: music, spirituality, sociology, etymology, book reviews, tips & tricks, as well as a host of new segments and topics added all the time! Download the podcast via Podbean or iTunes!
We would like to thank each and every one of our suppliers, vendors, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, our members, for making this possible. This wouldn't even be happening if it wasn't for our members. We hope to continue to serve the Pagan community at large and continue to provide you inspiration to celebrate the wheel of the year! Have a blessed Ostara~
Llyfr & Hugh
Founders of Sabbat Box
Ostara Sabbat Box Theme Release • Emergence 0
• EMERGENCE •
Our theme this Sabbat for Ostara is emergence. As the Northern Hemisphere begins to green again, we can see this emergence over and over before our eyes: rising from the earth, hibernating animals make their way out of their dens; seedlings and bulbs poke out of the dirt and reach for the earlier sunrise; the Goddess has emerged from Her time of shadow and diminishment into a young Spring maiden. This is the time when many feasts and honorariums in ancient times were celebrated, praising and revering the vegetation gods and making sacrifices for a successful sowing of crops and increase in livestock. In a time when every new life, animal or vegetable, was crucial to continued survival, our Pagan ancestors looked to the joy of the baby calf or blooming flower as victory over the long darkness of winter.
Ostara, historically, is also the Sabbat that commemorates the Spring Equinox. The word “East”—a cardinal direction most associated with the rising sun and the sign of air—comes from the German root word of Ostara. The day of the Spring Equinox brings alignment of the sun with due east, the day ending when the sun sets due west. This alignment is the first indication that there will be a time period when the days will now be longer than the night, allowing for increased sunshine and an abundance of light.
Ostara also the foundation of another Christian holiday, built on ancient Pagan feasts and traditions: Easter. Like Yule, there are many overlaps in traditions and customs that ancient Pagans practiced that were soon adopted by Christians. The ancient fertility symbol of the egg, for instance, is representation of the new life (and potential for life) that appears in nests at this time of year. Another common Easter symbol is the hare—the “Easter Bunny”—which has long been a representation of new life and reproduction.
For Pagans, this Sabbat can also be described as “hopeful balance.” While it is an equinox, we understand that light and dark are swapping places, and that longer days and more light are our immediate future. This is a powerful time for Pagans to focus their works on increase, rising to the obstacles in life, and taking steps to foster financial and spiritual prosperity.
As you celebrate Ostara this year—however you choose to honor this rising emergence of Nature—we encourage you to face the rising sun and look forward to brighter days ahead. While we may not literally be resurrected or reborn at this time, the Sabbat gives us an opportunity to look at those areas of our lives that we can renew and refurbish.
Emerge from your dens, your caves of stagnation and lack! Throw off the winter coat of darkness and embrace the eastward dawn! Now is the time to allow yourself to be reborn—in your relationships, in your work, in your life. Rub your eyes and awaken! Let the spirit of Ostara help you shine a light on the path ahead. Emerge from the old and dead…awaken to the new!
• Want to join Sabbat Box? Sign up on the waiting list here.
OSTARA SABBAT BOXES ARE SET TO SHIP: MARCH 10, 2016