Imbolc 2018 Sabbat Box Theme Release • At Winter's End 0
• IMBOLC SABBAT BOX - AT WINTER'S END •
The new calendar year is here, and with it brings the promise of new life and new beginnings. We watch as the earth begins to awaken, her fertile soil ready to welcome the rise of her Sun Lord. We eagerly await the newness of life to come forth as the winter cold starts to wane. The earth comes awake: the air begins to sweeten, the earliest flower buds start to appear, even through the snow. The sun gives new life and new energy to all living things. The ice and snow begins to melt, water flowing through the forest, a promise of new life ready to emerge.
Across the globe, different cultures honor this time with festivals that celebrate the new life that awakens where they live. In many ancient European cultures, Imbolc was the celebration of the goddess Brigid, who many consider the original goddess figure. Brigid later became a Catholic saint, the original pagan aspects folded into Christianity. She is considered by some as the goddess of fire and light, as well as reproduction and fertility...Imbolc is said to be translated as “in the womb”.
In Ireland, feasts are held, pulling out some of the last winter stores as an offering to the earth’s promise of new seeds to be sown and future crops to be harvested. Many cultures in the past also considered this “lambing season”, when breeding of livestock and pregnant ewes and other animals would reproduce to add to the flock. This is also a time of weather divination, where people would look for the appearance of snakes or badgers from their dens to gauge how much longer the winter would be (and where the modern custom of Groundhog’s Day may have evolved).
Not only is Imbolc and its time of the year a time to reawaken the life of the earth, it is also a time of purification and cleaning out old, cooped-up things in our homes and lives that we are ready to let go and improve. This time of clearing away later became to be known as the annual tradition of “spring cleaning”.
Here at Sabbat Box we recognize and celebrate all of these different aspects of Imbolc. We are curating items to honor our connection to these traditions and rites and who they provide focus to of our magickal practice and Path. Much like early spring fruits and vegetables, we are collecting a group of items that will serve to help awaken all of your senses and help you to honor this amazing point in the Wheel of the Year.
Discover the 2017 Imbolc Sabbat Box - Earth Reawakened 0
• 2017 IMBOLC SABBAT BOX • EARTH REAWAKENED • BOX BREAKDOWN •
Hail and Welcome, Sabbat Box Members and Friends!
Imbolc is upon us, and that means that the long darkness of winter will soon be wiped away by the light and green of spring. The earth is about to wake up again to bring new life and new opportunity for growth and increase. Our ancestors saw the lengthening days and knew the divine would once again bless those who made ready for the coming season.
This year’s Sabbat Box for Imbolc is a collection of products with this preparation in mind. One aspect of this preparation in Pagan circles is purification, and we have focused on this aspect to bring members the tools they need to ritually prepare minds and bodies for the coming work of light.
- As some of you may know, as of now we are currently at our maximum membership capacity at Sabbat Box. We have implemented a waiting list for those interested in joining when membership positions become available. You can join the waiting list here.
- Do you or someone you know make a product that would appeal to the Pagan community? Are you looking to launch a product or get your product in front of a large audience? If so, lets talk! Sabbat Box is always looking for new vendors and suppliers that create unique items to feature inside an upcoming Sabbat Box. Sabbat Box is a great way for people to find out about you, your product or your company. Whether you are looking to advertise inside the box or wish to feature a product within a box, we would love to hear from you. Register to become a Sabbat Box Supplier/Advertiser today.
• THE WITCHES ALMANAC - SPRING 2017 - 2018 •
ITEM 1: THE WITCHES’ ALMANAC.........$12.95
• WHAT: The Witches’ Almanac, Issue 36 - Spring 2017-2018
• WHO MAKES IT?: The Witches’ Almanac Publishing
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Available at The Witches’ Almanac or the Sabbat Box Store
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: This handy guide is filled with information and guidance for the entire coming year as well as a permanent reference - perfect for any practitioner’s library.
As you may know, when it comes to working magick and performing rituals and spells, there are many ways one can go about it. Though our methods and the manner in which we approach our spell work can be completely different from one another, some of the most important aspects of spellwork most witches and Pagans will commonly agree on are: practice, timing, and further educating ourselves on the various topics within the craft. With that said, we wanted to include something inside the Imbolc Sabbat Box to help aid you with your magickal practice while working as a guide to assist you throughout the entire new year. Since 1971, The Witches’ Almanac has been providing the Pagan community an invaluable written and pictorial guide on astrology, the occult, folklore, and magick. Inspired by The Old Farmer’s Almanac, it includes information related to the annual moon calendar, weather forecasts, horoscopes, legends, rituals, herbal secrets, mystic incantations, and spells, as well as interviews by Pagans for Pagans.
• PURIFICATION RITUAL BATHS •
ITEM 2: PURIFICATION RITUAL BATHS.........$8.00
• WHAT: Handcrafted Purification Ritual Bath, 4.0 oz
• WHO MAKES IT?: The Sacred Well
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Available via The Sacred Well or the Sabbat Box Store
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: This intoxicating bath blend is a powerful tool to be used for purification and a great way to prepare for ritual or mediative work.
Staying in line with our general theme of purification and purification magick for the Imbolc Sabbat Box, we decided to include this generous-sized handcrafted herbal purification bath from The Sacred Well. This particular ritual bath conatins a proprietary blend of black Hawaiian volcanic salt, red Hawaiian salt, white sage, rosemary, rue, hyssop, agrimony, and essential oils--all picked specifically for ritual bathing. In many magickal traditions, it is a common practice before working magick to not only purify and cleanse your sacred space, but to also purify and ritually cleanse ourselves as well. The easiest way to do this is to take a ritual bath. It is believed that you should go into any magickal working without any spiritual attachments, and the purpose behind a ritual bath is to rid ourselves of anything that we do not want joining us in our magickal pursuits, including negative thoughts, intentions, or bad energy.
Instructions: Place 1/4 of the purification ritual bath into your tub. If you prefer, you can fill a cotton tea bag with 1/4 of the ritual bath blend to steep in your tub or hang from your shower. You could also steep the contents of the bath in a pot of water and then pour the water over yourself in the shower after the water has cooled. You could use it as a scrub as well. Each pouch contains enough product for four separate baths. Use roughly one ounce (or 1/4 of the bag) per bath.
• PURIFICATION BEESWAX SPELL CANDLE •
ITEM 3: BEESWAX PURIFICATION CANDLE..........$7.95
• WHAT: Handcrafted Purification Beeswax Spell Candle, 4.25-Inch
• WHO MAKES IT?: Lailoken’s Awen
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Available at Lailoken's Awen or the Sabbat Box Store
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: This all-natural candle made from beeswax is a ideal tool for purification for ritual, meditation, and spellwork.
It is believed that the idea of “spring cleaning” may stem from the common practices of our ancestors during this time of year. The return of the sun and warming days allowed our ancestors to go outside of the home more. Since they had been stuck inside so long during the winter, it was a common practice to cleanse and purify their dwellings around Imbolc. In honor of this tradition we included a pure white handcrafted beeswax candle from Lailoken’s Awen in the Imbolc Sabbat Box to spiritually purify one’s self or one’s space. Each candle is also ritually anointed and spiritually charged by Lailoken himself for purification magick.
Lailoken's Awen sells handcrafted, natural magical supplies like spell candles, ritual oils and spiritual tools.
Awen is Welsh for inspiration. In the Welsh tradition, Awen is the inspiration of the bards, or, in its personification, Awen is the inspirational muse of creative artists.
• HANDMADE MOON GODDESS STICK INCENSE •
ITEM 4: MOON GODDESS STICK INCENSE..........$6.50
• WHAT: Wise Owl Moon Goddess Handcrafted Stick Incense, 20-pack
• WHO MAKES IT?: Charme et Sortilege
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Available from Charme et Sortilege and the Sabbat Box Store
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: The clean scent of the Moon Goddess incense is a welcome addition to ritual or meditation where new beginnings or purification is desired.
Burning incense is something we as a people have been doing for thousands of years. Our ancestors would often burn sacred blends of herbs and resins as a way of making an offering, as well as honoring the divine. More so, the art of burning incense is done to purify your sacred space. These handcrafted stick incense from Charme et Sortilege (Charm & Spell) are perfect for such uses. Wise Owl stick incense are handmade with 100% all-natural herbal components. Each stick is soaked in a pure essential oil blend corresponding to its intent and charged for its listed use.
Uses: Use Moon Goddess incense for moon magic, petitioning the sacred feminine, ritual support for intuition, dreams, divination and clairvoyance.
• SELENITE HEART STONE SETS •
ITEM 5: SELENITE STONE HEARTS.........$8.00
• WHAT: Tumbled Selenite Stone Heart Sets w/Info Card and Velour Keepsake Bag
• WHO MAKES IT?: Mother Earth (packaged by Sabbat Box)
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Available at the Sabbat Box Store
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: This stunning stone is a symbol of purification, clarity, and new beginnings.
Selenite is such a mystifying stone. Just watching the light and sheen reflect on the stone’s sufrace can be entrancing. It is said that selenite is a stone of psychic intuition, mental clarity, spiritual growth, love, and purification. Since the new year is now upon us, many of us tend to seek positive growth and change to make our lives better for the coming year, and who wouldn’t mind a little clarity to help guide us when needed? Use your selenite heart to quiet your mind and meditate with when you seek clarity or growth.
• PEWTER SYMBOL AMULET NECKLACES •
ITEM 6: PEWTER AMULETS...............$7.95
• WHAT: Intention-Based Handcrafted Pewter Amulet Necklaces
• WHO MAKES IT?: Sourced via Eclectic Artisans
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Available from the Sabbat Box Store or Eclectic Artisans
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: These stunning pendants are a physical token of intentions of positivity and strength.
Stability, power, protection, attraction, forward movement, and direction. These are six different intention-based symbol amulets that we curated for our members this Imbolc. As we travel into the new year together, we wanted to offer our members a unique token of power in which one could connect with this year and could be used to find one’s own meaning and purpose.
• PACKING & SHIPPING •
PACKING & SHIPPING: Part of the costs of your box include the box and the packing material itself. The items listed below account for a good portion of the overall costs for the Imbolc/Candlemas Sabbat Boxes. Each Imbolc Sabbat Box is lined with paper padding and wrapping to add to the surprise of what we’ve curated for you. Shipping is also included in the total price. The cost to ship boxes is roughly $8.50. With that being said, we here at Sabbat Box wish to be as environmentally friendly that we can be and do our best to source packing supplies and material from companies that have the same beliefs we do, in that we want to make as little of an impact as possible on the environment.
BOXES: Your boxes where made from high quality corrugated paper and are 100% recyclable. Try to find another use for your box. They are 9x9x3 on the inside. You could decorate your box to hold some magical supplies or use it again to ship something to someone or save it for another time when you may need it. If you have to get rid of it, please try to recycle it.
BROCHURES: Your brochures are printed on 100% recyclable 16pt paper, which is sourced from sustainable forests.
TISSUE PAPER & FILLING: The purple tissue paper is made from 100% recycled paper and is recyclable. The cream colored filler inside each box is made from scraps of recycled colored crinkle paper and is biodegradable.
STICKERS: The stickers found within your boxes where printed on vinyl with a gloss laminate.
• SABBAT BOX SAVINGS & COUPONS •
Part of our goal is to provide a number of items to our members at a value far above what individuals can purchase on their own. When you add up all of the items inside your Imbolc Sabbat Box, as well as costs for shipping and packaging, you are saving over $19.00. We believe this to be another good reason to be a member. Also, each box we create helps to support Pagan run businesses and their employees. Sabbat Box looks forward to continuing to stay within our mission to work with other Pagan businesses to supply products for each box.
IMBOLC SABBAT BOX PRICE BREAKDOWN
• Total MSRP of items inside: $51.35
• Total Savings on this box: $11.40
• Total Shipping Savings: $8.50
• Grand Total In Savings: $19.90
Our members helped to support 5 Pagan run businesses with their Sabbat Box membership! We work with other Pagans and Pagan owned businesses within the community to purchase, curate and supply the items featured within our boxes. In the end, we want to help the community grow and share our business with companies that share our same values and standards.
• SABBAT BOX FEATURED VENDOR - LAILOKEN'S AWEN •
• COMPANY: LAILOKEN'S AWEN
• ABOUT THEM AND WHAT THEY SELL: Lailoken has been a practicing Druid and Wiccan for over 25 years, as well as being a practitioner of the Golden Dawn system of magic. In his professional life he is a clinical aromatherapist and herbalist. His introduction to the use of essential oils and herbs came with his first tentative steps on his Pagan path. He learned of their energetic properties and associations, and how to incorporate them into ritual and spell work. Nine years ago he began his education in aromatherapy and herbalism, and has studied extensively over the years not only their therapeutic properties, but also their energetic properties. As well as compounding blends based on their energetic properties, Lailoken takes the creation process one step further and utilizes the energies of the universe around us by creating each product on the appropriate day, during the appropriate hour, and even during the proper phase of the Moon and time of the year. This allows him to create the most potent, energetic products he can offer to you.
• WEBSITE: http://www.lailokensawen.com
• TWITTER PAGE: N/A
• FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/LailokensAwenMagic
• SABBAT BOX FEATURED VENDOR - THE SACRED WELL •
• COMPANY: THE SACRED WELL
• ABOUT THEM AND WHAT THEY SELL: The Sacred Well has two brick and mortar stores, one metaphysical store in Oakland California, the other in Portland. The Sacred Well has been serving their local community since 2007. The Sacred Well was founded by Yeshe Matthews and Astro Berry.
Yeshe Matthews, sometimes known as Rabbit, is an ordained high priestess, pilgrim, and mystic who follows where the muse calls her on a lifelong journey of learning. She shares what she learns via writings, classes, ceremonies, and consultations. Part historian, part inventor, part oracle, she helps people mindfully articulate their vital roles in our co-creative, collaborative reality.
Barry Perlman (astrobarry) is an intuitive astrologer, writer, artist, and mystic who’s been counseling clients worldwide for more than a decade. Since 2002, he’s offered his astrological wisdom on his website (http://www.astrobarry.com) where thousands of visitors enjoy his weekly “horoscopes that keep it real” and other writings. Barry has spoken and taught on astrological topics for the California Institute for Integral Studies, the San Francisco Astrological Society, National Council for Geocosmic Research, and the first-ever Queer Astrology Conferences.
• WEBSITE: http://www.sacredwell.com
• TWITTER PAGE: https://twitter.com/sacredwell
• INSTAGRAM PAGE: https://www.instagram.com/thesacredwell/
• FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/sacredwellbayarea
• TIME •
We take pride in assembling each and every Sabbat Box by hand, no matter the amount of time it takes. We don't just throw your items inside a flat rate priority mail box like some other subscription box companies out there. We want your Sabbat Box to be delivered to you as beautifully as it left us, and it takes a tremendous amount of time to complete this task.
This includes folding the boxes together, individually cutting each sheet of tissue paper by hand, weighing out the crinkle paper for each box, designing the flyers, coupons, stickers and brochures to be printed professionally by commercial printers, individually placing each item within their corresponding bags, individually assembling the boxes, individually packing the tissue paper within each box by hand and also putting together and creating product packing. This timeframe doesn't even include the efforts made to manage the Sabbat Box website, the back end billing system, social media management, customer service inquiries, accounting, marketing, purchasing, networking, and so on. This is a labor of love and we enjoy serving the community!
We believe in what it is we are doing and we sincerely hope that each and every one of you can see that the purest of intent and utmost care goes into curating each Sabbat Box.
• OFFICIAL 2017 IMBOLC SABBAT BOX UNBOXING VIDEO •
• OTHER RESOURCES RELATING TO YOUR BOX •
IMBOLC INFORMATION, LORE AND MORE!
- Simple Imbolc Ritual: Click Here
- Ideas for celebrating Imbolc: Article
- Imbolc celebration via Witchy Words: Blog Article
- House Cleansing Ceremony: Witchy Words
- How to make a Brigid's Wheel: Make a Brigid's Cross
We would like to thank each and every one of our suppliers, vendors, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, our members, for making Sabbat Box possible. This wouldn't even be happening if it wasn't for our members. We hope to continue to serve the Pagan community at large and continue to provide you inspiration to celebrate The Wheel of the Year! Have a happy Imbolc! May your new year be prosperous and full of light!
Llyfr & Hugh
Founders of Sabbat Box
Imbolc 2017 Sabbat Box Theme Release • Earth Reawakened 0
• EARTH REAWAKEND •
The Goddess, dormant since Her Cronehood at Yule, reawakens at Imbolc as the pure Maiden, the “first” aspect of Her triple manifestation. Because She waxes and wanes like our moon, the Goddess waxes at this time, her renewed fertility about to blossom, soon to become one with the God at Beltane. She has shaken off the old, and prepares for the new.
Imbolc is a time to reawaken. Like the earth itself, it is a time to prepare ourselves, to make ready for the spring and summer ahead. Part of that preparation involves rituals of purification and renewal while looking forward to the brighter days and months ahead on the Wheel of the Year.
The light of the sun is beginning to return, the days lengthening now, and the light and energy of growth and increase is making its way into our lives. We are anticipating the things to come, the eventual harvesting of the seeds we sow at this time of year. Hopefully we learn and grow along with the length of days, positivity and light following us as we move forward.
We have selected items for 2017’s Imbolc Sabbat Box with these aspects in mind. Purification and reawakening, celebration of the Maiden Goddess and sparking magical inspiration toward the coming season are just some of the aspects of the items we are including in this year's Imbolc Sabbat Box. We hope you find what we are offering helpful and meaningful to your Imbolc observance this year.
2017 Imbolc/Candlemas Sabbat Boxes are scheduled to ship out 1/25/17.
LOOKING FOR MORE INSPIRATION TO HELP CELEBRATE IMBOLC?
• Check out our previous Imbolc Sabbat Box products shipped to our customers.
• Check out our previous Sabbat Box blog articles from Imbolc here.
• Purchase your copy of Imbolc Rituals Recipes and Lore by Carl Neal.
Painting: Diane Sortant du Bain (“Diana Leaving Her Bath”) by François Boucher, 1742. Public domain.