Discover The Imbolc Sabbat Box - Nature's Renewal
• IMBOLC SABBAT BOX • NATURE'S RENEWAL • SABBAT BOX BREAKDOWN •
Hail and Welcome, Sabbat Box Members and Friends!
As winter (finally) wraps its icy grip on most of us here in the United States, we turn our faces toward the rising sun and the new calendar year. We look forward to the coming warmer times, where greenery and growth will once again bring light and life to the earth.
The Sabbat Box for Imbolc marks this facing sunward, and the items inside are carefully curated to add to the celebration of life and light in a meaningful way. We’ve chosen each item to help enrich your ritual, your personal spellwork, and/or observation of Nature’s renewal in a creative and meaningful way.
- As some of you may know, as of now we are currently at our maximum membership capacity at Sabbat Box. We have implemented a waiting list for those interested in joining when membership positions become available. You can join the waiting list here.
- Do you or someone you know make a product that would appeal to the Pagan community? Are you looking to launch a product or get your product in front of a large audience? If so, lets talk! Sabbat Box is always looking for new vendors and suppliers that create unique items to feature inside an upcoming Sabbat Box. Sabbat Box is a great way for people to find out about you, your product or your company. Whether you are looking to advertise inside the box or wish to feature a product within a box, we would love to hear from you. Register to become a Sabbat Box Supplier/Advertiser today.
• IMBOLC-RITUALS, RECIPES & LORE FOR BRIGID'S DAY •
• ITEM 1: IMBOLC BOOK.........$11.99
• WHAT: Imbolc-Rituals, Recipes and Lore for Brigid's Day (part of Llewellyn's Sabbat Essentials series)
• WHO MAKES IT?: Llewellyn Worldwide & Authored By Carl F. Neal
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: You can purchase copies via the Sabbat Box Store or via Llewellyn.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: Llewellyn has been a trusted source for books on Paganism, Magick and New Age topics since 1901. This particular book features spells, recipes, lore, invocations, correspondences, crafts and rituals that will help to inspire you to celebrate Imbolc in your own unique way.
Part of what we wish to do here at Sabbat Box is to provide further resources for our members pertaining to paganism, witchcraft and the Sabbats. The Sabbat Essentials series are wonderful resource books and will truly help you find inspiration on how to celebrate the Sabbat in your own special way. Some may say that these books are geared more towards those new to the craft, but you would be surprised to read how much information is packed within these books, which is helpful for both seasoned practitioners as well as a novice! We decided to feature Llewellyn's Sabbat Essentials books when we started Sabbat Box, as this line of books is brand new to Llewellyn, (making them first edition prints) and they correlate perfectly with what Sabbat Box is all about. In fact, these first edition printings come out only a few weeks before we ship each Sabbat Box, which makes our members some of the first people to actually own and read them.
The author of Imbolc, Carl F. Neal has been a Pagan teacher and writer since the late 1990’s, specifically in the area of incense creation and incense magic. Carl brings his extensive knowledge in writing Imbolc, highlighting a collection of practices and traditions both old and new surrounding the Sabbat of Imbolc, also known as Brigid’s Day. Some of Carl’s other works include Incense, Incense Magick, and The Magic Toolbox.
A brief excerpt from the book—a prayer for healing the heart, mind, and soul:
Goddess Brigid, Keeper of the Flame, Tender of the Well,
I come to you to ask for the healing of an injured soul.
Please look into deepest places within [person’s name]
and find the injuries that lie beneath the surface.
I ask that you ease the pain within my/that soul.
Just as this candle shines, I ask that you
shine a light on a path towards healing.
Shine a light so bright and clear that
the path to healing is unmistakable.
Please send whatever assistance will be
needed to make this soul whole once again.
—Pg. 127, Imbolc-Rituals, Recipes and Lore for Brigid’s Day
Other great books by Carl Neal:
• Incense: Crafting & Use of Magickal Scents
• The Magick Toolbox
• Incense Magick, Creating Inspiring Aromatic Experiences for your Craft
• COSMOPHILIA ASTROLOGICAL HERBALS - LUNAR RENEWAL TEA •
• ITEM 2: RITUAL TEA 1.0oz.......$5.00
• WHAT: Lunar Renewal Tea
• WHO MAKES IT?: Cosmophilia Astrological Herbals
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: The Cosmophilia Store or the Sabbat Box Store.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: This tea is an excellent way to draw in the renewing energies of Imbolc as well as the planets in a delicious way. Since the last tea we featured inside Sabbat Box was a big hit, we wanted to share another magical tea with our members as well.
We selected this fragrant Lunar Renewal Tea because it is hand blended and made from organic and ethically wild grown herbal ingredients that correspond to the Sabbat of renewal, cleansing, and purification, Imbolc. Lunar Renewal Tea can be used in combination with Imbolc rituals (for cakes and ale, or as an offering), during an esbat or dark moon ritual, or to sip on after mediating or working magick. Each package of tea comes in a resealable bag, which will allow you to keep your tea a fresh as possible. Cosmophilia Astrological Herbals was founded by Jaysen Paulson in Portland, Oregon. Jaysen is a practicing astrologist with over 20 years of experience. Jaysen is also an accomplished herbalist, a teacher at the Portland School of Astrology and hosts the popular podcast “Cosmophilia”.
Ingredients in Lunar Renewal Tea:
• Milky oat tops
• Oat straw
• Raspberry leaf
• Jasmine blossoms
• Vanilla rooibos
*All ingredients are certified organic or ethically wildcrafted.
• Portland School of Astrology: http://portlandastrology.org/home/
• Cosmophilia Podcast: http://cosmophilia.us/podcast/
• SUN'S EYE - HAND BLENDED RITUAL OIL •
• ITEM 3: RITUAL OIL.........$12.00
• WHAT: Brigid Deity Ritual Oil
• WHO MAKES IT?: Sun's Eye Oils
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: The Sun's Eye Store or via the Sabbat Box Store.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: This Brigid deity oil is perfect to use for anointing during Imbolc rituals, working magick, as a fragrance oil or even to use to make incense.
Use your Brigid ritual oil to help banish what no longer serves you and help you to embrace what is to come. Use it for anointing, as a fragrance oil, in offerings or even use to make incense. This ritual oil by Sun's eye is created by fusing essential and fragrant oils with various ingredients, including rowan berry to make the Brigid oil.
• Use to anoint spell candles.
• Use to anoint yourself or others when entering circle or before ritual.
• Use to call forth the Goddess Brigid.
• Use to anoint your altar or objects.
• Use as a fragrance oil.
• Use in an oil warmer.
• PALO SANTO - SACRED WOOD INCENSE •
• ITEM 4: PALO SANTO.........$4.95
• WHAT: Sacred wood incense
• WHO MAKES IT?: Mother Nature
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: Most metaphysical shops, Sun's Eye Store or the Sabbat Box Store.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT? Palo Santo is a rare wood from a tree by the same name that has been burned by shamans in ritual and sacred spaces for centuries. This wood carries a strong scent and is said to help purify your space.
Palo Santo in Spanish literally means “holy wood” and comes from the tree that predominately grows in Central and South America bearing the same name (also known etymologically as Bursera Graveolens) and features a sweet, smoky citrus aroma. The Palo Santo tree is actually related to the same trees that bring us fragrant resins like frankincense as well as myrrh. What makes Palo Santo different is it is more common to burn the wood of the tree moreso than resin itself. Due to over-harvesting in South America, palo santo is now grown under government management in order to conserve the sacred wood. This has caused the price of the wood to rise due to its limited availability.
Shamans in Central and South America have been using Palo Santo for hundreds of years, and its use has been adopted by many Pagans around the world as a tool used for purification and cleansing as well as clearing ritual space. Palo Santo is also commonly burned during shamanic journeying and mediating. Use your palo santo by itself or in combination with other sacred herbs and smudges to create your own specially corresponding ritual incense.
How to burn/use palo santo:
• Fetch a small fireproof bowl, cauldron or incense vessel.
• Place a piece of your wood next to a burning flame (a lighter or candle will do).
• Allow the wood to catch fire and burn at one of the ends for a few seconds.
• Once the wood has caught fire and is starting to emit smoke, extinguish the fire.
• After extinguished, you will want to keep the palo santo atop a bowl or ash catcher to catch the smoldered embers and to prevent fire. Use the emitting smoke to sense your space.
• SACRED SABBAT PURIFICATION SPELL CANDLES •
• ITEM 5: SPELL CANDLES.........$5.50
• WHAT IS IT: 6-inch purification white ritual taper spell candles.
• WHO MAKES IT?: Sabbat Box (exclusive item)
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: The Sabbat Box Store.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: These pure white ritual candles provide the means to purge negativity, and purify your sacred space by means of candle magick.
White—both at once a lack of color and all colors at once (like a prism)—signifies purity, absence of darkness, as well as “a clean slate”, which for most Pagans is a perfect analogy to the renewal and “restart” that Imbolc represents. We have specially packaged these candles to provide our members and friends a way to signify their intent to start anew and embrace the new life that is to come in the new year.
One of the religious traditions tied to Imbolc is “Candlemas”, which is a hail back to the original intent of this fire festival: “a festival of lights.” It is only appropriate that we include candles in this Sabbat Box. Whether you use these candles to work magic, cast spells of purification, or simply light your home or space, we believe they provide a tangible celebration of all the hope and renewal that Imbolc represents.
Each pair of pure shite ritual taper candles comes wrapped in parchment paper. One could use the inside of the wrapper to write down your intent and burn in upon the fire of the white candles. You could also carve and anoint your candles with the corresponding herbs and oils of your intent to work candle magick, or simply use your candles as a focal point on your altar.
Chant included with your candles:
Element of fire I light your flame,
By burning this candle I speak your name,
Element of fire I call upon your light,
Come forth this sacred sabbat,
To purify, cleanse and shine ever bright.
• PAGAN SYMBOL ALTAR CLOTHS •
• ITEM 6: ALTAR CLOTH.........$14.99
• WHAT IS IT?: Pagan Symbol Altar Cloths 36.00" x 36.00"
• WHO MAKES IT?: Via Eclectic Artisans
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: You can purchase at the Sabbat Box Store.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: Altar Cloths are a colorful way to decorate and honor a sacred space, altar, or dedicated working space.
We’ve included these cloths as a way to add a renewing accent to whatever area you wish to adorn for the coming sabbats as a way to celebrate the Wheel of the Year while protecting your altar or furniture. Each super soft, lightweight cloth measures in at 36" x 36" making them perfect for altars of any shape or size. Symbolism plays an important role in most Pagan's spiritual practice. The beloved symbols found on each of these altar cloths have various meaning and are considered to be representative of the divine in one way or another. The outsides of each cloth contain various Celtic knot work and beautifully frayed edges.
We’ve included one of the following designs in each Sabbat Box based on member preferences of what symbols they connect with most:
• The Greenman
• Triple Goddess
• Triple Moon
• CLEAR QUARTZ GEMSTONE SET W/INFO CARD & BAG •
• ITEM 7: STONE SET.........$1.50
• WHAT: Clear quartz gemstone set
• WHO MAKES IT?: Stones sourced from Azure Green and packaged by Sabbat Box
• WHERE CAN I GET IT?: You can purchase this set via the Sabbat Box Store.
• WHY WOULD I WANT IT?: Quartz, one of the most abundant crystals on Earth, corresponds to and represents the renewal and purification themes of Imbolc.
Quartz and Imbolc are a perfect fit: both represent purity, clarity, and protection. Clear quartz not only is used in altar placement and personal clearing, but also can fill in as a “universal” corresponding stone for other colors and representations, as light through the quartz (like a prism) can split into all colors of the rainbow. Many practitioners also use quartz, both absolutely clear and those with fine cracks or rutilations as a way of divination (in fact, many very expensive crystal balls are created using large polished spheres of quartz) as well as a spellwork tool to enhance clarity of a situation or intent in magickal workings. We’ve included a small informational card and a large organza bag in each set. Each quartz is roughly .5" to 1.5" in size and makes a great addition to any stone collection.
• PACKING & SHIPPING •
PACKING & SHIPPING: Part of the costs of your box include the box and the packing material itself. The items listed below account for a good portion of the overall costs for the Imbolc Sabbat Box. Each Imbolc Sabbat Box is lined with paper padding and wrapping to add to the surprise of what we’ve curated for you. Shipping is included in the total price. The average cost to ship Sabbat Boxes is roughly $8.60. With that being said, we here at Sabbat Box wish to be as environmentally friendly that we can be and do our best to source packing supplies and material from companies that have the same beliefs we do, in that we want to make as little of an impact as possible on the environment.
BOXES: Your boxes where made from high quality corrugated paper and are 100% recyclable. Try to find another use for your box. They are 9x9x3 on the inside. You could decorate your box to hold some magical supplies or use it to again to ship something to someone or save it for another time when you may need it. If you dispose of it, please try to recycle it.
BROCHURE: Your brochures are printed on 100% recyclable 16pt paper, which is sourced from sustainable forests.
TISSUE PAPER & FILLING: The purple tissue paper is made from 100% recycled paper and is recyclable. The ivory colored filler inside each box is made from scraps of recycled colored crinkle paper and is biodegradable.
STICKERS: The stickers found within your boxes where printed on vinyl with a gloss laminate.
• SABBAT BOX SAVINGS & COUPONS •
SAVINGS & COUPONS:
Part of our goal is to provide a number of items to our members at a value far above what individuals can purchase on their own. When you add up all of the items inside your Imbolc Sabbat Box, as well as costs for shipping and packaging, you are saving over $19.00. We believe this to be another good reason to be a member. Also, each box we create helps to support Pagan run businesses and their employees. Sabbat Box looks forward to continuing to stay within our mission to work with other Pagan businesses to supply products for each box.
Coupons are another great feature you will find within Sabbat Boxes. Coupons just add to the overall value of your box and are not included in the "total savings" specified on your information sheet/brochure, but definitely add further value as well as further exclusivity to being a member. Be sure to visit our product suppliers websites and stores to help continue to support their businesses and missions as well.
IMBOLC BOX PRICE BREAKDOWN
• Total MSRP of items inside: $51.48
• Total Savings on this box: $11.93
• Total Shipping Savings: $7.95
• Grand Total In Savings: $19.88
~Our members helped to support 6 Pagan run businesses with their Sabbat Box membership! Unlike some subscription boxes (that only use their own products inside each of their boxes), we work with other Pagans and Pagan owned businesses within the community to purchase and supply the items featured within our boxes. In the end, we want to help the community grow and share our business with companies that share our same values and standards.
We take pride in assembling each and every Sabbat Box by hand, no matter the amount of time it takes. We don't just throw your items inside a flat rate priority mail box like some other subscription box companies out there. We want your Sabbat Box to be delivered to you as beautifully as it left us, and it takes a tremendous amount of time to complete this task.
This includes folding the boxes together, individually cutting each sheet of tissue paper by hand, weighing out the crinkle paper for each box, designing the flyers, coupons, stickers and brochures to be printed professionally by commercial printers, individually placing each candle within a bag, individually assembling the boxes, individually packing the tissue paper within each box by hand, putting together and creating product packing. This timeframe doesn't even include the efforts made to manage the Sabbat Box website, the back end billing system, social media management, customer service inquiries, accounting, marketing, purchasing, networking, and so on.
We believe in what it is we are doing and we sincerely hope that each and every one of you can see that the purest of intent and utmost care goes into curating each Sabbat Box.
• OFFICIAL IMBOLC SABBAT BOX UNBOXING VIDEO •
• OTHER RESOURCES, BLOGS AND PODCASTS •
• PAGAN ACTIVIST: Pagan Activist is a blog for liberal Pagans to write their experiences, calls to action, and inform the general Pagan public of what’s going on from a liberal Pagan perspective. Contributors include Shauna Aura, Rev Kess and more.
• WITCHES BREW HAHA (PODCAST): Witches Brew Ha Ha is a pagan podcast hosted by Velma Nightshade. Started in 2010, Velma shares her personal experiences with Wicca, Witchcraft and Paganism with her listeners. Velma offers different reoccuring segments on her podcast, from book reviews to practical magick, herb lore, stone lore, news bits and more, Velma provides an interesting perspective and point of view regarding the craft. Even though her last show was released on October of 2013, she has released over 40 episodes to keep you busy with.
We would like to thank each and every one of our suppliers, vendors, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, our members, for making this possible. This wouldn't even be happening if it wasn't for our members. We hope to continue to serve the Pagan community at large and continue to provide you inspiration to celebrate the wheel of the year! Have a blessed Imbolc~
Llyfr & Hugh
Founders of Sabbat Box
- Aeden B